In a Biskit
In a Biskit is a line of snack crackers produced by Nabisco. Originally released in the US as Chicken in a Biscuit in early 1964, the line has since grown to be available internationally with a variety of flavours. In the U.S., the product is flavoured with dehydrated cooked chicken, but international formulations differ because of varied manufacturing. While Australian Kraft Chicken in a Biskit (manufactured in China) lists chicken meat among the ingredients, an independent chemistry assay detected "no protein from any meat species" in the product.
In Australia, Nabisco also produces vegemite, bacon, and nacho flavoured "biskits", as well as more traditional flavours such as barbecue, crispy potato, and salt and vinegar. In a Biskit crackers are packaged in a 175–200 gram box or a "Multi-pack" containing ten bags of 25 grams each. Multi-packs are used in several Nabisco products, and were introduced as part of the In a Biskit line in August 1999. All the 'In a Biskit' range were discontinued in Spring 2015 in Australia.
In the United States, the Chicken in a Biskit and Swiss in a Biskit variants are currently available, as part of a line of crackers known as Flavor Originals that includes Better Cheddars, Sociables, and Vegetable Thins. Chicken in a Biskit is available in original and BBQ flavors.
- "Chicken in a Bisket". Ebony (advertisement). 19 (5): 141. 1 March 1964.
JUST HATCHED! Great new snack cracker, Chicken in a Biskit
- "Nabisco Flavor Originals Chicken In A Biskit". Nabisco. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- "Chicken in a Biscuit box scan". Lifestyle Therapies. Retrieved 17 November 2011.
- Rolfe, John (26 March 2010). "No chook, just crackers". thetelegraph.com.au.
We couldn’t get a result because there was no protein from any meat species there
- Flavor Originals at Nabisco's International website.