In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Scary Stories
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Published||August 2, 1984|
In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Scary Stories is a collection of horror stories retold for children by Alvin Schwartz and illustrator Dirk Zimmer. It was published as part of the I Can Read! series in 1984.
Table of contents
1. The Teeth: A boy on his way home keeps running into men with abnormally large and yellow teeth.
2. In the Graveyard: A fat woman is in the graveyard where she wonders what it's like to be dead.
3. The Green Ribbon: A young lad meets a girl with a green ribbon tied around her neck. Which she refuses to tell him why she has it. The young lad keeps asking her the same question all throughout their lives until she is dying. Where she finally reveals why she has the ribbon tied around her neck.
4. In a Dark, Dark Room: A poem where the listener is taken into a house, then down some stairs, then through a room, then to a chest of drawers, then finally peering into a box.
5. The Night It Rained: A retelling of the Vanishing Hitchhiker urban legend.
6. The Pirate: A girl checks her room for a pirate ghost before going to bed.
7. The Ghost of John: A poem about a ghostly skeleton.
|This article about a children's book is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- "In a Dark, Dark Room and Other Scary Stories". I Can Read. Retrieved 2018-10-15.