In a Week or Two
|"In a Week or Two"|
|Single by Diamond Rio|
|from the album Close to the Edge|
|B-side||"Close to the Edge"|
|Released||November 2, 1992|
|Songwriter(s)||James House, Gary Burr|
|Producer(s)||Tim DuBois, Monty Powell|
|Diamond Rio singles chronology|
"In a Week or Two" is a song written by James House and Gary Burr, and recorded by American country music group Diamond Rio. It was released in November 1992 as the lead-off single from their album Close to the Edge. It peaked at number 2 in the United States, and number 3 in Canada.
The narrator tells his former lover that he was going to give her everything in a week or two after the time that they had broken up.
The music video was directed by John Lloyd Miller, and features lead singer Marty Roe sitting in a motel room surrounded by a bunch of stacked up television sets showing the band performing the song, and his former lover. The storyline of the video seems to indicate that he has lost his lover. However, at the end, he was evidently just dreaming as his bandmate, bassist Dana Williams, comes in the motel room and tells Roe to hurry up because it's time for his wedding, meaning that he and his lover never really broke up. It premiered nationally on October 26, 1992 on CMT.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||3|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||2|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||67|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||43|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 105.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 1778." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. February 27, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Diamond Rio Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1993". RPM. December 18, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Best of 1993: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|