In aller Freundschaft
In aller Freundschaft (English "In all Friendliness") is a German television soap opera that began airing in 1998 every Tuesday. http://www.mdr.de/in-aller-freundschaft/index.html The series follows the staff of the fictional Sachsenklinik hospital in the city of Leipzig.
The first broadcast was on 26 October 1998. Since then, approximately 600 episodes have aired.
Initially, the focus was on three main characters and their friendship Dr. Roland Heilmann, Dr. Achim Kreutzer, and Dr. Maia Dietz. Nowadays, there is a growing cast of 15-20 characters which the plot follows (of the original trio, only Dr. Roland Heilmann can still be seen in the program).
Many actors were already acting in the television and cinema in the German Democratic Republic. Other locally renowned personalities from the former GDR that contribute to the program include Celino Bleiweiß, Klaus Gendries, and Peter Hill.
Even though the series is set in the city of Leipzig (Saxony), which is home to the Upper Saxon German dialect, it is rarely used in the series in order to make it easier for the rest of the German population to understand, and because it not a popular dialect in Germany due to its association with the former GDR regime.
As of 2016, the cast consists of the following actors:
- Arzu Bazman as Arzu Ritter
- Rolf Becker as Otto Stein
- Bernhard Bettermann as Dr. Martin Stein
- Ursula Karusseit as Charlotte Gauss
- Thomas Koch as Dr. Philipp Brentano
- Karsten Kühn as Jakob Heilmann
- Andrea Kathrin Loewig as Dr. Kathrin Globisch
- Anja Nejarri as Dr. Lea Peters
- Anthony Petrifke as Jonas Heilmann
- Thomas Rühmann as Dr. Roland Heilmann
- Jascha Rust as Christopher "Kris" Haas
- Udo Schenk as Dr. Rolf Kaminski
- Johann Lukas Sickert as Bastian Marquardt
- Alexa Maria Surholt as Sarah Marquardt
- Michael Trischan as Hans-Peter Brenner
- Anita Vulesica as Ulrike Stolze
- Henriette Zimmeck as Marie Stein
- Ella Zirzow as Lisa Schroth
Spin-off: In aller Freundschaft - Die jungen Ärzte
In July 2014, the MDR announced the production of a spin-off named In aller Freundschaft - Die jungen Ärzte. The series focuses on Dr. Niklas Ahrend (Roy Peter Link), who at the beginning of the series accepts a senior physician's office at the Johannes-Thal-Klinikum in Erfurt, leaving the Sachsenklinik and five assistants. The production of 42 episodes took place since autumn 2014, the weekly broadcast on Thursday evenings began on 22 January 2015 at Das Erste.