In the Meantime (album)
|In the Meantime|
|Studio album by Christine McVie|
|Released||7 September 2004|
|Producer||Christine McVie, Dan Perfect, Ken Caillat|
|Christine McVie chronology|
|Entertainment Weekly||C+ |
In the Meantime is the third solo album by the British Fleetwood Mac vocalist/keyboardist Christine McVie, released in 2004 on Koch Records and Sanctuary Records Group. It was McVie's first solo recording since 1984, and the first since her departure from Fleetwood Mac.
Many of the songs on the album were composed by McVie and her nephew Dan Perfect, with contributions from ex-Fleetwood Mac guitarist Billy Burnette; Robbie Patton, who co-wrote Fleetwood Mac's 1982 hit "Hold Me" with McVie; George Hawkins, ex-member of Mick Fleetwood's Zoo in the mid-1980s, and McVie's ex-husband Eddy Quintela.
Except for a few interviews, McVie did not intend to promote the album. As a result, In the Meantime only reached #133 on the UK Albums Chart and failed to enter the U.S. Billboard 200. Debuting at peaking at #32 on the Billboard Independent Albums, it had sold around 20,000 copies in the United States up until 2005, according to Nielsen SoundScan. In a 2014 interview in the Los Angeles Times taken after her returning to Fleetwood Mac, McVie stated about the album that "It had some good songs on it, but I went about it all wrong”.
|1.||"Friend"||George Hawkins, Christine McVie, Robbie Patton, Dan Perfect||4:30|
|4.||"Bad Journey"||McVie, Perfect||4:29|
|5.||"Anything Is Possible"||Hawkins, McVie, Perfect||3:14|
|7.||"So Sincere"||McVie, Perfect||3:39|
|8.||"Easy Come, Easy Go"||McVie, Eddy Quintela||4:32|
|9.||"Liar"||Hawkins, McVie, Perfect||3:53|
|10.||"Sweet Revenge"||McVie, Perfect||3:50|
|12.||"Givin' It Back"||Billy Burnette, Hawkins, McVie||4:42|
The Australian promo release included a new song not released anywhere else, called "Come Out To Play", and the US itunes featured an acoustic version of "Friend" as a bonus track.
- Christine McVie – vocals, piano, keyboards, synthesizer
- Dan Perfect – guitar, programming, backing vocals
- George Hawkins – bass guitar, backing vocals
- Steve Ferrone – drums
- Lenny Castro – percussion
- Luis Conte – percussion
- David Isaacs – backing vocals
- Produced by Christine McVie, Dan Perfect and Ken Caillat
- Engineered by Ben Georgiades, Dan Perfect and Claus Trelby
- Mixed by Ben Georgiades, Christine McVie and Dan Perfect
- Mastered by Howie Weinberg
- Assistant engineers – Richard Edgeler, Mike Read
- Executive producer – Martin Wyatt
- Photography – Mike Prior
- Design – Ryan Art
- Sleeve notes – John Perfect
- In the Meantime (album) at AllMusic
- Vincentelli, Elisabeth (15 October 2004). "Music Review: In the Meantime – Christine McVie". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 18 July 2013.
- "Picks and Pans Review". People. 27 September 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- Gardner, Elysa (8 September 2004). "Jackson does it right on 'What I Do'". USA Today. Retrieved 31 January 2014.
- Lewis, Randy (2 May 2014). "Her fear gone, Christine McVie's muse soars with Fleetwood Mac reunion". articles.latimes.com. Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 3 May 2014.