Ina Mihalache in 2004
May 14, 1985|
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
|Education||Classe Libre of Cours Florent|
Logo of the programme
Ina Mihalache (born May 14, 1985), known as Solange, is a Canadian actress, video artist, visual artist, comedian and editor. She has resided in France since 2004.
She is mainly known for her YouTube channel SolangeTeParle, which presents programmes on various subjects and where she adopts the asocial personality of Solange, a character of her own invention. She created her channel in November 2011, and was met with modest success, reaching 200,000 subscribers by April 2016. Mihalache aims to portray emotion through the use of film which cover a broad range of interests including culture, art, sexuality and feelings.
Mihalache was born in Montreal, Quebec on May 14, 1985. She is the daughter of a Romanian immigrant to Canada, Dumitru Mihalache, having fled the dictatorial regime of Nicolae Ceauşescu; and a Quebec woman, Doris Duguay. At the age of ten, she decided to lose her Quebec accent to adopt the "French of France" accent she heard on the radio or on French-language television channels such as TV5. She explains that this was an "aesthetic choice", which fuels a controversy in her native province.
She arrived in Paris in 2004, and entered the Cours Florent. Subsequently, she was admitted to the Classe Libre under the guidance of Jean-Pierre Garnier and Olivier L. Brunet, but failed four times in the competition entrance to the Conservatoire national supérieur d'art dramatique.
After being introduced to the Talents Cannes de l'Adami by Mathieu Amalric in the short film Deux cages sans oiseaux, she devoted herself to the production of atypical works, such as the trilogy Réussites/Patiences, addressing the questions of inadequacy, The isolation, the idleness, and the nudity of the body in the public space. She also works for France Télévisions as editor and voice-over.
In November 2011, she created the blog Solange te parle, compilation of clips with themes, like Norman Thavaud. The character of Solange delivers comical and often absurd advice to solve the problems of the daily life of an asocial young woman. Her reasonings of pataphysical character evoke La Minute nécessaire de monsieur Cyclopède of Pierre Desproges and Jean-Louis Fournier, or some conceptual experiences of the American artist John Baldessari. Ina Mihalache later stated about her creation: "Solange is inadequate. She does not know how to do things, but she tries".
In April 2012, she played the character of Sasha Maréchal in the France 3 documentary: EtrangesAffaires.com, alongside journalist Patrick Pesnot. Sasha Maréchal illustrated her survey of drawings and animated sequences.
In July 2012, she collaborated with Radio France with a series of 54 daily capsules broadcast on France Inter on Thomas Baumgartner's Antibuzz: Solange lit tous tes tweets whose themes are taken from a few tweets. She returned on the antennae in February 2013 with the series Solange dans le bus, diffused every Tuesday in the programme of Pascale Clark Comme on nous parle. Another series, Solange pénètre ta vie intime, made up of testimonies of women confiding in Solange, appears on the site of the Mouv' on 14 February 2013, broadcast daily on the site of the station until June 2013. The series resumed in January 2014, this time doubling daily on the antenna.
On 6 January 2016, she published her first book, Payange editions, Solange te parle, inspired by her experience on the Internet.
On 30 January 2016, the screening of her feature film Solange et les vivants (screened between 2013 and 2014 and produced by participative financing) began at the Luminor Hôtel de Ville. The national projection began on 9 March 2016.
In February 2017, she published her second work entitled Très intime, verbatim of the chronicles broadcast on Le Mouv, published by Payot, with a foreword.
|2007||Deux cages sans oiseaux||Sister Muriel||Mathieu Amalric|
|Tu peux ne pas du tout penser à moi||Olivier L. Brunet (co-director)|
|2008||Grossesses et Macarons||Clémentine||Anne Flandrin|
|2011||EtrangesAffaires.com : L'affaire des vedettes de Cherbourg||Sasha Maréchal||Olivier L. Brunet|
|2012||EtrangesAffaires.com : L'affaire des missiles Exocet|
|L'entropie du milieu humain||Geek presenter||Vivien Loiseau|
|2016||Solange et les vivants||Solange||Ina Mihalache||Lead role|
|Ma révolution||Teacher||Ramzi Ben Sliman|
|2010||Réussites/Patiences||Performance/triptych video of 8 hours featuring two actresses in real time|
|2011–||Solange Te Parle||Internet video series|
|2016||Solange te parle||Payot||ISBN 9782228914512|
|2017||Très intime||ISBN 9782228917063|
|2012||Solange lit tous tes tweets||Series of 54 sound capsules for France Inter and the programme "Antibuzz" by Thomas Baumgartner|
|2013||Solange dans le bus||Series of sound capsules for France Inter and the programme "Comme nous nous parle" by Pascale Clark|
|2013–14||Solange pénètre ta vie intime||Series of sound capsules for the Mouv'|
Editing and voice overs
|2008||Signes de l'espérance||France 2||Editing|
|2009||Les Silences de Maurice Zundel||Editing and voice over|
|2011||La Beauté du geste||France 3||Editing|
|2014||Virginia Wolf||Nathalie Bensard's young audience show, based on the album of Kyo Maclear and Isabelle Arsenault, with Marie Craipeau; title role|
|2007||Ina Mihalache in Babylone by Matthieu Dessertine||"Jacques" for the best actor||Won|
- "Solange te parle de cul". Libération.fr (in French). 31 Jan 2017. Retrieved 4 Aug 2017.
- Hanne, Isabelle (25 Jul 2012). "Ina Mihalache. Solange, mi-démon". Libération (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- Dumas, Hugo (10 May 2012). "Solange te parle sans accent". La Presse (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- "62 RÉVÉLATIONS sur SOLANGE" (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- "DÉCLICS CULTURELS QUI SAUVENT LA VIE" (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- "Deux cages sans oiseaux" (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- Deux cages sans oiseaux (motion picture) (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017 – via Dailymotion.
- "9 JUIN 2010: RÉUSSITES, INSTALLATION VIDÉO – INA MIHALACHE". Lesnouveauxartistes.com (in French). 9 Jun 2010. Archived from the original on 23 Jun 2012. Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- "Solange te parle" (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- Siankowski, Pierre (10 Apr 2012). "Solange te parle : un site de vidéos désopilantes". Les Inrockuptibles (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- Comte, Alexandre (3 Nov 2013). "Les Inrocks - Portrait de nuit : Ina Mihalache alias Solange te parle". Les Inrockuptibles (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- "k-libre - en marge - L'Affaire des vedettes de Cherbourg". www.k-libre.fr (in French). 16 Apr 2012. Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- "Solange, France Inter" (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- Lemaire, Basile (3 Sep 2012). "L'excellent making-of de "Solange lit tous tes tweets"". Les Inrockuptibles (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- "Solange dans le bus / France Inter". France Inter (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- Bastide, Lauren (5 Feb 2013). "Les scènes de bus de Solange". Elle (in French). Retrieved 15 Jun 2017.
- "Solange pénètre ta vie intime". Lemouv.fr (in French). 14 Feb 2013. Archived from the original on 17 Feb 2013. Retrieved 27 Jun 2017.
- "Solange te parle". Lemouv.fr (in French). Retrieved 27 Jun 2017.
- "Virginia Wolf". Télérama Sortir (in French). Retrieved 27 Jun 2017.
- "SOLANGE ET LES VIVANTS". Ulule (in French). Retrieved 27 Jun 2017.
- "A Y EST, C'EST OFFICIEL : Solange et..." (in French). Retrieved 27 Jun 2017.
- "Promotions" (in French). Retrieved 27 Jun 2017.
- "Promotions" (in French). Retrieved 2 Jul 2017.
- "Solange te parle de cul" (in French). 31 Jan 2017. Retrieved 4 Aug 2017.