Cover art from the DVD release of the series
|Genre||Comedy, sports (judo)|
|Written by||Noboru Kawasaki|
|Magazine||Shogakukan no Gakushū Zasshi|
|Original run||1968 – ???|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Hiroshi Sasagawa|
|Music by||Masahiko Nakamura|
|Original network||Fuji TV|
Spacetoon Plus (Indonesia) (2013-2015)
NHK World (Japan) (2010)
Cartoon Network (South of Korea) (2006-2012)
|Original run||4 October 1970 – 24 September 1972|
|Episodes||104 (2 segments/episode)|
Inakappe Taishō (いなかっぺ大将, lit. "The Funny Judo Champion") is manga series by Noboru Kawasaki and serialized by Shogakukan in Shogakukan no Gakushū Zasshi. The manga series won the 14th Shogakukan Manga Award. An anime adaptation was created by Tatsunoko Production.
Daizaemon makes a cameo in episode 68 of The Song of Tentomushi, which is also by Kawasaki.
A lively boy named Daizaemon in traditional Japanese clothing comes with various kinds of animals to the capital of Tokyo. He has a funny habit of dancing whenever he hears music. He visits a friend of his late father's to learn judo and makes friends with the young daughter of the judo master Kikuko and the cat Nyanko-sensei. For a little girl, Kikuko has wonderful judo tricks inherited from her father while Nyanko-sensei is able to perform a difficult trick of triple turn in the air. Both of them are worthy instructors for Daizaemon. Although he shows clownish behavior once in a while, he is always popular among people around and grows stout and shrewd to be a future champion.
- Daizaemon Kaze (Voiced by: Masako Nozawa)
- Nicknamed "Dai-chan," he comes from Aomori and is a country boy. He always wears a hakama and plays judo. He moves to Tokyo after the death of his father. He has good intentions but is often naive.
- Nyanko-sensei (Voiced by: Kinya Aikawa)
- A cat with a tiger-like appearance who helps Daizaemon.
- Kikuko Ogaki (Voiced by: Mari Okamoto)
- A beautiful girl who Daizaemon falls in love with at first sight. This is Okamoto's debut role at the age of 16.
- Hanako Mori (Voiced by: Kazuko Sugiyama)
- A childhood friend of Daizaemon.
- Yagoro Ogaki (Voiced by: Toru Ohira)
- Kikuko's father.
- Nishi Ishiboshi (Voiced by: Shun Yashiro)
- Daizaemon's mischievous friend who is from Osaka.
- "Tori" Maruko Tono (Voiced by: Yuko Maruyama)
- One of Daizaemon's classmates.
- Nana Shirayuki-sensei (Voiced by:Haruko Kitahama)
- The beautiful teacher who tends to the rose garden.
The series was broadcast from October 4, 1970 to September 24, 1972 for 208 15 minute episodes (technically 104). It was rebroadcast in Japan in 2014 and 2015.
|This anime television series–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|