Incheon International Airport Terminal 1 Station
|Revised Romanization||Incheongonghang 1(il)teomineollyeok|
2851 Unseo-dong, |
|Operated by||Airport Railroad Corporation, Incheon Transit Corporation|
|March 23, 2007||AREX opened|
|February 3, 2016||opened|
|March 2018||KTX service suspended|
Incheon International Airport Terminal 1 Station is a railway station on AREX and Incheon Airport Maglev. It is in Incheon International Airport's transport center and currently the terminus. Since June 2014, KTX operated from this station with stops at Geomam Station and Seoul Station towards Busan and Gwangju. Before the KTX opened services at this station, there was high-leveled platform which had no use. Since this time, only this platform didn't have platform screen doors because there was a plan for a 2nd airport railroad to go there, but this plan changed to KTX. After that, KTX started to run, they have changed the empty platform to a low leveled-platform to make KTX rideable. In the same year, KTX expanded service to Incheon Airport. Since 2018 KTX service to Incheon Airport has been suspended despite signage in both Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 saying otherwise. The suspension became permanent in September 2018 as the line was officially abolished. Travelling to cities other than Seoul via rail is now only available after a transfer at Seoul Station via the AREX.
AREX has 11 stations and it is divided into two lines: commuter and express. For the commuter line, the train will stop in all stations. The express line stops only at Incheon International Airport Station and Seoul Station.
Incheon Airport Maglev can also be accessed from the same building.
- Fare: Direct train: 8,000 won/adult, 6,900 won/child (the original intended fare was 14,300 won but was reduced to encourage usage). Normal train: It depends on the station embarked, but from Seoul Station to Incheon International Airport Station it is 4,150 won as of October 2017.
|Lobby||Customer Service, Shops, Vending machines, ATMs|
|Eastbound||→ AREX Local toward Seoul (Incheon Int'l Airport Cargo Terminal) →|
→ AREX Express toward Seoul (Terminus) →
|Island platform, doors will open on the left or right|
|Westbound||→ AREX Local toward Incheon International Airport Terminal 2 (Incheon International Airport Terminal 2) →|
→ AREX Express toward Incheon International Airport Terminal 2 (Incheon International Airport Terminal 2) →
There is no platform number 4, replacing to 5.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Incheon International Airport Terminal 1 Station.|
- 인천국제공항역 (in Korean). Doopedia. Retrieved 2014-10-14.
- Incheon Airport KTX. Kojects, Tebay, Andy and Medimorec, Nikola, 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- Medimorec, Nikola (10 June 2018). "Incheon Airport KTX Service Suspended". Kojects. Retrieved 9 July 2018.
In 2014, KORAIL began to offer KTX high-speed train connections from Incheon International Airport to Seoul, Daegu, Busan and other cities in Korea. The Incheon Airport KTX service was suspended now at the end of March 2018. The main reason was that the demand was too low and ridership stayed far below necessary numbers.
- 박, 재균 (7 August 2018). "9월부터 인천공항 KTX 노선 폐지". FNToday (in Korean). Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- 민, 경석 (7 August 2018). "2014년 개통한 '인천공항 KTX' 폐지". News1 (in Korean). Retrieved 10 August 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-04-20. Retrieved 2015-04-20.
|Preceding station||Seoul Metropolitan Subway||Following station|
|Terminus||Incheon Airport Maglev||
|This article relating to rapid transit systems in South Korea is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a railway station in South Korea is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|