Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up incompetence, incompetent, competence, or competent in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Incompetence is the inability to perform; lack of competence; ineptitude.
Aspects of incompetence include:
- Administrative incompetence, dysfunctional administrative behaviors that hinder attainment of organization goals
- Incompetence (law), a person not of sound mind or mentally impaired, unable to make decisions for himself or herself
- Military incompetence, failures of members of the military
- Social ineptitude
Incompetence may also refer to:
- Incompetence (geology), weakness in rocks
- Incompetence (novel), a comedy novel published in 2003 by Red Dwarf co-creator Rob Grant
- Competence (disambiguation)
- Darwin Awards, a tongue-in-cheek "award" given to people whose incompetence results in their death or loss of ability to reproduce
- Parody, a form of humor that often employs feigned incompetence
- Peter principle, tendency for a person to rise to his or her level of incompetence
- Dunning–Kruger effect, the tendency for incompetent people to grossly overestimate their skills
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Incompetence.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.