|Single by Amanda Lear|
|from the album Ieri, oggi|
|Songwriter(s)||Sergio Menegale, Raffaele Ferrato|
|Amanda Lear singles chronology|
"Incredibilmente donna" was Lear's first single, since her debut "La Bagarre", not to be produced by her usual collaborator Anthony Monn. Instead, the song was written by Italian composers Sergio Menegale and Raffaele Ferrato, produced by Arturo Zitelli, and recorded in Milan. It was a departure from the disco-dance style and showcased a more traditional pop-oriented sound with symphonic arrangement.
The single promoted Lear's greatest hits compilation Ieri, oggi, released exclusively on the Italian market. The B-side of the single was another Italian-language song "Buon viaggio" (English: "Have a Good Journey"), written by Maurizio Piccoli and Renato Pareti. "Incredibilmente donna" was heavily promoted on television in Italy. It was used as the theme song in the 1982/1983 season of the TV show Premiatissima which Amanda hosted at that time, and was played during end credits. The single was a Top 40 chart hit in Italy.
The music video for the song was filmed in the bluescreen technique. It presents Amanda performing the song alternately solo and accompanied by background dancers. A different version of the video excludes the scenes with dancers and instead adds footage of the singer changing outfits behind folding screens.
- A. "Incredibilmente donna" – 3:56
- B. "Buon viaggio" – 3:33
- Cecchetto, Claudio (2014). In diretta. Il gioca jouer della mia vita (in Italian). Baldini & Castoldi. p. 96. ISBN 9788868527266. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- "INCREDIBILMENTE DONNA 1982 Italy". amandalear_singoli.tripod.com. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "Amanda Lear - Incredibilmente Donna (Vinyl) at Discogs". Discogs. www.discogs.com. Retrieved 2011-05-05.
- "Hit Parade Italia - Indice per Titolo: I" (in Italian). www.hitparadeitalia.it. Retrieved 2009-10-08.