Type of site
|Job search engine|
|Available in||Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Vietnamese|
|Founder(s)||Paul Forster and Rony Kahan|
|Alexa rank||146 (June 2016[update])|
Indeed.com is an American worldwide employment-related search engine for job listings launched in November 2004. As a single-topic search engine, it is also an example of vertical search. Indeed is currently available in over 60 countries and 28 languages. In October 2010, Indeed.com passed Monster.com to become the highest-traffic job website in the United States.
The site aggregates job listings from thousands of websites, including job boards, staffing firms, associations, and company career pages. In 2011, Indeed began allowing job seekers to apply directly to jobs on Indeed's site and offering resume posting and storage. Indeed is based in Austin, TX but has offices around the world.
In 2005, Indeed launched their beta version of what they refer to as "pay-per-click job advertising network". In addition to searching job postings, it also allows the occurrence of words therein to be plotted over time, ostensibly as an indicator of trends in the job markets.
On October 1, 2012, Indeed became an independent operating unit of Recruit Co. Ltd. On July 1, 2016, Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. announced that it has acquired the assets of Indeed competitor Simply Hired, which would become a publishing partner of Indeed.
- "Indeed.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved June 22, 2016.
- "About Indeed.com". Indeed.com. Retrieved February 23, 2016.
- "Indeed Slips Past Monster, Now Largest Job Site By Unique Visitors". Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- "New Feature: Indeed Apply". Resfly Blog. Resfly. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- Zappe, John (September 14, 2011). "Indeed Makes it Official and Launches Resume Search". ere.net. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- "Founders". InternetInc.com. Retrieved 2014-08-23.
- Baker, Loren (2006-05-16). "Indeed.com Launches Job Search PPC Advertising Network". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved 2008-04-09.
- "Indeed Announces Acquisition by Recruit Co. Ltd". Retrieved 2012-10-01.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Indeed owner Recruit Holdings confirms acquisition of Simply Hired". Techchrunch. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
How To Use Indeed.com to Search Job, Upload Resume
|This article about a search engine website is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|