Independence Centenary International Exposition
|EXPO Rio de Janeiro 1922|
|Name||Independence Centenary International Exposition|
|City||Rio de Janeiro|
|Venue||Avenida Rio Branco|
|Opening||September 7, 1922|
|Closure||March 23, 1923|
|Previous||Panama–Pacific International Exposition in San Francisco|
|Next||1929 Barcelona International Exposition in Barcelona|
The Independence Centenary International Exposition was a World Expo held in Rio de Janeiro from September 7, 1922 to March 23, 1923, to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Brazil's Independence. The expo happened during Epitácio Pessoa's mandate and was regarded as an opportunity to show off the growing industries and the potential market from Brazil. The fair was constructed alongside of the Rio Branco Avenue in a landed area built just for the occasion.
A total of 14 countries from 3 continents participated in the exposition.
Over 3,000,000 people attended the event.
- Administration Pavilion;
- Food Pavilion;
- Statistics Pavilion;
- Festivity Pavilion;
- Agriculture and Roads Pavilion;
- Small Industries Pavilion;
- Large Industries Pavilion;
- Hunting and Fishing Pavilion;
- Antarctica Beer Pavilion;
- Jewelry Pavilion;
- Portugal's Honor Pavilion.
- History: 1922-1940
- A Presença da Noruega no Brasil: Pavilhão da Noruega na Exposição de 1922
- "Museu Histórico Nacional" [National Historical Museum] (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- "O ATLAS COROGRÁFICO MUNICIPAL E O CENTENÁRIO DA INDEPENDÊNCIA: A REPRESENTAÇÃO CARTOGRÁFICA COMO IMAGEM-MONUMENTO" (in Portuguese). Retrieved August 19, 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Exposição do Centenário da Independência do Brasil.|
|This festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|