Independence High School (Glendale, Arizona)
|Independence High School|
Independence HS logo
6602 N. 75th AvenueGlendale, Arizona 85303
|School district||Glendale Union High School District|
|Principal||Robert Ambrose, Michael Siwek*, Jeannie Paparella*, Justin Tarver*
(* Assistant Principal)
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Enrollment||1,952 (October 1, 2012)|
|Student to teacher ratio||20.3|
Independence High School (IHS) is a public high school located in Glendale, Arizona, United States, and is the most recent high school in the Glendale Union High School District. It opened during the 1977-1978 school year, and celebrated its thirtieth anniversary during the 2007-2008 school year.
Independence's ethnic diversity as of January 2008 was:
- Asian: 45 (2.68%)
- American Indian/Alaskan: 25 (1.4%)
- African American: 239 (14.26%)
- Hispanic: 968 (57.79%)
- White: 398 (23.76%)
- "Administration". Independence High School. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
- "Independence High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2008-02-16.
- AIA 2012 enrollment figures Archived October 21, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Important Summer Information". Independence High School. Retrieved 2015-08-03.[self-published source]
- "Fiscal Year 2008 Enrollments by School, Gender and Ethnicity" (PDF). Arizona Department of Education. January 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-07.
|This Arizona school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|