Independence Municipal Airport (Iowa)
Independence Municipal Airport
|Owner||City of Independence|
|Elevation AMSL||979 ft / 298 m|
Independence Municipal Airport (ICAO: KIIB, FAA LID: IIB) is a city-owned public-use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southwest of the central business district of Independence, a city in Buchanan County, Iowa, United States. As per the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009-2013, it is classified as a general aviation airport.
Facilities and aircraft
Independence Municipal Airport covers an area of 161 acres (65 ha) at an elevation of 979 feet (298 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with a concrete surface measuring 5,500 by 100 feet (1,676 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending March 26, 2009, the airport had 9,100 aircraft operations, an average of 24 per day: 87% general aviation, 12% military and 1% air taxi. At that time there were 24 aircraft based at this airport: 79% single-engine, 4% multi-engine and 17% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for IIB ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 27 Aug 2009.
- FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems: 2009–2013 Archived August 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- KIIB - Independence, Iowa - Independence Municipal Airport. Great Circle Mapper. Accessed 20 Feb 2010.
- Independence Municipal (IIB) at Iowa DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial photo as of 19 May 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for IIB, effective September 12, 2019
- Resources for this airport: