Independence Square, Nur-Sultan
|Native name||Тәуелсіздік алаңы, Täuelsızdık alaŋy|
It was created in October 2009. In September 2015, the square transformed into a historic village in honor of the 550th anniversary of the Kazakh Khanate. Defender of the Fatherland Day and Constitution Day parades have generally been held on the square. Earlier in 2015, the Banner of Victory was brought to Astana to be trooped through Independence Square by personnel of the Aibyn Presidential Regiment in the Defender of the Fatherland Day/Victory Day parade on 7 May. Nauryz events are also held at the square.
- Palace of Peace and Reconciliation
- Kazakh Eli monument
- Shabyt Palace of Creativity
- Khazret Sultan Mosque
- Palace of Independence
- National Museum of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- "— Astana.gov.kz". astana.gov.kz. Retrieved 2017-09-10.
- "Historic Scenes, Retro Military Equipment to be Presented in Victory Parade - The Astana Times". The Astana Times. 2015-04-24. Retrieved 2017-10-20.
- "Astana". Wikivoyage. Retrieved 2017-09-20.