Independent Curators International
||This article or section contains close paraphrasing of a non-free copyrighted source, http://eskerfoundation.com/exhibition/project-35/ ( ). Ideas in this article should be expressed in an original manner. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Independent Curators International (ICI) was founded in 1975 by Susan Sollins, Executive Producer and Curator of Art:21, and Nina Castelli Sundell, who is the daughter of art dealers Leo Castelli and Ileana Sonnabend. The organization's goal it to make contemporary art available through traveling exhibitions. The organization is as a contemporary art center, without an exhibition space, that shows new art by well-known and lesser-known artists.
It connects emerging and established curators, artists, and institutions to generate international networking, collaboration, exhibitions, publications, and curatorial training. Headquartered in New York, the organization presents curating developments and changes in exhibition-making, creating fresh ways of seeing and contextualizing contemporary art. Since it was established in 1975, ICI has worked with over 1,000 curators and 3,700 artists from 47 countries.
Here are a few of the books they have worked on:
- Milena Kalinovska; Paulo Herkenhoff; Independent Curators International. Beyond preconceptions: the sixties experiment. Independent Curators International (ICI); September 2000. ISBN 978-0-916365-58-5
- Mary-Kay Lombino; Philip K. Dick; Independent Curators International. UnNaturally. Independent Curators International; 1 May 2003. ISBN 978-0-916365-66-0.
- José Roca; Bruce Sterling; Independent Curators International. Museo de Arte Banco de la República (Bogotá, Columbia). Phantasmagoria: specters of absence. Independent Curators International; 1 October 2007. ISBN 978-0-916365-76-9.
- Ralph Rugoff; Lynne Tillman; Independent Curators International. Shoot the family. Independent Curators International; March 2006. ISBN 978-0-916365-73-8
- "Art:21 Staff". PBS. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Search books: Independent Curators International". books.google. Retrieved 10 January 2014.