|Owner(s)||8K Miles Media Group, Inc.|
|Headquarters||New York City, USA|
India Abroad is a weekly newspaper published from New York City, which focuses on Indian news meant for an Indian American, Indian diaspora and expatriate audience. The publication is known for its annual award ceremony for the "India Abroad Person of the Year."
India Abroad was founded by Indian American publisher Gopal Raju in 1970. India Abroad calls itself "the oldest Indian newspaper published in North America." Under Raju's guidance, India Abroad quickly gained a reputation as one of the most credible, well-researched voices for the Indian American community. The Economist, a British weekly international affairs magazine, referred to India Abroad as a daily publication of “unusually high quality”.
Since 2002, the publication has been honoring Indian-American achievers at the annual India Abroad Person of the Year award ceremony. The following are the list of winners.
|2003||Sonal Shah||founder, Indicorps|||
|2004||Mohini Bhardwaj||Olympic gymnast and silver medalist|||
|2006||Indra Nooyi||CEO, PepsiCo|||
|2008||Fareed Zakaria||journalist, author, and television host|||
|2009||Venkatraman Ramakrishnan||scientist, Nobel Prize winner in Chemistry for 2009|||
|2011||Preet Bharara||United States Attorney|||
- "eCirc for Newspapers". Audit Bureau of Circulations. September 30, 2011. Archived from the original on March 17, 2013.
- "Pioneering publisher Gopal Raju passes away". India Abroad. 2008-04-10. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Obituaries in the news". Associated Press. International Herald Tribune. 2008-04-12. Retrieved 2008-05-03.
- "Gopal Raju, pioneer of ethnic Indian media in US, is no more". IANS. Thaindian News. 2008-04-10. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- Potts, Michel W. "Pioneer Publisher Gopal Raju Dies". India-West. Archived from the original on 2008-06-29. Retrieved 2008-05-04.
- "Veteran journalist Gopal Raju passes away". The Hindu. 2008-04-10. Retrieved 2008-05-03.
- "8k Miles issued a clarification stating that 8K Miles Media is not a subsidiary or holding company". Money Control. Sep 26, 2018.
- "Community newspaper 'India Abroad' in US sold by Rediff". Times of India. 2016-12-06. Retrieved 2016-12-06.
|This article about a New York newspaper is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|