India Fashion Week is a bi-annual fashion week organized and promoted by the Fashion Design Council of India. It was sponsored by Wills Lifestyle from 2006–2014 before Amazon.in became the sponsor.
In 2010, fire permits were not secured in time for the first day events which caused an extra day to be added to accommodate the presentations that had been cancelled on the first day.
The WIFW autumn-winter 2014 started on 26 March 2014 with actress Shilpa Shetty walking the ramp wearing the collections of designer Tarun Tahiliani. The WIFW spring-summer 2015 event started on 8 October 2014 at New Delhi.
The Indian fashion industry has become a growing industry with international events such as the India Fashion Week and annual shows by fashion designers being held across major cities of the country.
- "India Fashion Week - Sponsor Page".
- "Fashion week in India". BBC News. 18 August 2000. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- "Ramp fun begins: Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2013 opens today". Hindustan Times. 12 March 2013. Archived from the original on 15 March 2013. Retrieved 14 March 2013.
- David Lalmalsawma (29 March 2010). "Fashion diary – clothes, controversies and a finale that wasn't". Reuters. Archived from the original on 1 April 2010. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- "Shilpa Shetty shines in Tarun Tahiliani's Collections at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 27 March 2014.
- "Monica Dogra goes bold at Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week". news.biharprabha.com. IANS. 12 October 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Cover Story: Global Design for Indian Fashion" (PDF). Markathon. 3 (10). 2012.