India International Friendship Society
The India International Friendship Society (IIFS) is a private voluntary organisation based in New Delhi, India whose stated aim is to strengthen the ties between India and its expatriate community in hopes of using the resources and potential of these expatriates to benefit India. The organisation's chief activity is the awarding of the Glory of India Award (also called the "Bharat Jyoti Award") in ceremonies held regularly in New Delhi and in international cities with large expatriate Indian communities.
Among its awardees, IIFS counts the following prominent people:
- Dev Anand
- Prema Cariappa
- Sunil Dutt
- Shamim Jairajpuri
- Basappa Danappa Jatti
- Rajesh Khanna
- Prem Chand Pandey
- Kamlesh Patel
- Amichand Rajbansi
- Dhirubhai Shah
- Chaudhary Ishwar Singh
- Marsha Singh
- Ashok Sinha
- Nirmal Chandra Suri
- Harinder Takhar
- Mother Teresa
- Pankaj Udhas
- Bharati Vaishampayan
- Drukchen Jigme Pema Wangchen
- Ajaz-ul-Haque, Hand (6 May 2006). "Bharat Jyoti Award". Greater Kashmir.
- Rajesh Kasturirangan (June 22, 2012). "How to run a successful scam".
- Gaani, Ishtyaq Ahmad (9 May 2006). "Spot IIFS Office in New Delhi and Win a Bharat Jyoti Award". Greater Kashmir. Archived from the original on 16 January 2015.
- Varma, P. Sujatha (20 January 2012). "‘Glory of India Award' for surgeon hailing from Tenali". The Hindu.
- Sharma, Parul (28 January 2007). "A new hostel for students". The Hindu.
- Sahoo, Dinabandhu; Pandey, Prem Chand (2002). Advances in Marine and Antarctic Science. APH Publishing. p. 449. ISBN 9788176483476.
- "C.V. of Professor Lord Kamlesh Kumar Patel, OBE". Film Exchange on Alcohol and Drugs. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- Hassan, Fakir (29 December 2011). "South African political veteran Rajbansi dies". MSN News.
- "Umesh Chandra receives “Bharat Gaurav” Pride of India award" (PDF) (Press release). Crescents of Brisbane.