The 'India Organic' certification mark.
|Product category||Organic food|
India Organic is a certification mark for organically farmed food products manufactured in India. The certification mark certifies that an organic food product conforms to the National Standards for Organic Products established in 2000.
Those standards ensures that the product or the raw materials used in the product were grown through organic farming, without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, or induced hormones. The certification is issued by testing centres accredited by the Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA). under the National Program for Organic Production of the Government of India.
Even though the standards are in effect since 2000, the certification scheme and hence the certification mark came into existence in 2002.
- Spices Board of India. 'Organic certification mark'. Archived August 2, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.
- APEDA. 'National Standards for Organic Products.'
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority. 'Organic products'.
- Ecoworld. Organic Farming in India.
- Nabard. Paper on organic farming.