India 2012 AVN Adult Entertainment Expo (AEE)
|Born||Jody Jean Olson|
April 26, 1975
Des Moines, Iowa, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||112 lb (51 kg)|
India Summer (born April 26, 1975) is the stage name of Jody Jean Olson, an American pornographic actress and nude model. Her stage name is based on the phrase Indian summer. She is the single most productive female performer in the US pornography industry, starring in more than one thousand adult scenes. Summer also has mainstream acting credits.
Summer's first job was as a lifeguard at age 15, which she continued to do until graduating from college. Summer received her education towards becoming a teacher. She then worked in finance for 6 years before moving to modeling and acting. Summer began working in the adult film industry at the age of 29. She is one of several performers to be cast as characters similar to politician Sarah Palin in a porn parody such as the 2009 Drill Baby Drill by Penthouse Features.
In November 2011, her debut as a director was announced with the movie Perfect Fit.
In January 2012, the Internet Adult Film Database (IAFD) announced, in a release of compiled data, that Summer "was the busiest female performer in the industry" with 78 new titles released in 2011.
Summer is considered to be the most prolific female "interracial" performer, with a total of 118 interracial titles as of July 4, 2014. Summer has stated that one of the least pleasurable aspects of her job is dealing with hate mail for doing interracial work.
The natural brunette went blonde in 2018.
Summer has appeared in small roles in the television series Reno 911!, Sons of Anarchy and Dexter. She also had a role on the Showtime cable series Girls of Sunset Place as Marina Haze. She also appeared in National Lampoon's 2007 film Homo Erectus.
In 2015, Summer had a starring role in the independent film Marriage 2.0. Although the original version contains explicit sex scenes, the edited version received an NC-17 rating by the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA). British writer Gareth May, in an article for the British lifestyle and culture site TheDebrief.co.uk, described the film as "a potential game changer for the porn industry. There are some great performances in the movie. India Summer especially excels, and Nina Hartley’s brief role shows she clearly has comedic timing and talent." The un-rated version of the film received the Best Narrative award at New York’s 2015 CineKink Film Festival.
Summer was born in Des Moines, Iowa and is a mix of English, German, Irish, and Native American ancestry. She describes herself as a "swinger" (before entering the industry) and "bisexual". Summer credits her interest in swinging, along with suggestions from friends, for her entrance into the adult industry. She then began submitting photos to directors and production companies. When asked how she got into the adult entertainment industry, Summer has stated: "I started getting modeling photos done and submitting them to directors, producers, agencies and modeling sites. People started writing and offering me work". Besides running and swimming, her physical training involves hiking and yoga.
In a 2011 interview with German Wild Magazine, she claimed to be engaged to fellow pornographic actress Prinzzess. In an interview at the AVN awards in 2012, India stated she had brought her wife, Prinzzess to the awards ceremony. When asked about performing with her fiancée in front of the camera, Summer said "It is very natural to me. We have spent so much time together and had so many little adventures together ... and sex ... that it is the most natural thing in the world for me to perform with her. We have a genuine affection and attraction to one another and we know each other very well. It’s always a thrill." She also defined herself as "spiritual" rather than "religious" in her beliefs and stated that she does not believe in marriage and has no desire to have children of her own.
|2011||AVN Award||Best Actress||An Open Invitation: A Real Swinger’s Party in San Francisco|
|2012||XBIZ Award||MILF Performer of the Year||N/A|
|AVN Award||MILF Performer of the Year||N/A|
|XRCO Award||MILF of the Year||N/A|
|2014||AVN Award||MILF Performer of the Year||N/A|
|XRCO Award||MILF of the Year||N/A|
|2016||XBIZ Award||Best Actress—Feature Release||Marriage 2.0|
|XBIZ Award||Best Sex Scene — Feature Release||Marriage 2.0|
- India Summer at the Internet Adult Film Database
- "Hard Working Girls | prnoholic.com". prnoholic.com. Archived from the original on February 11, 2018. Retrieved February 12, 2018.
- Thomas Musat (October 14, 2011). "India Summer dans Dexter" (in French). Hot Video News. Archived from the original on November 17, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "India Summer Appears on Showtime's 'Dexter". Xbiz. October 13, 2011. Retrieved November 11, 2011.
- "India Summer Interview For Barelist". Barelist.com. 2012-01-03. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- "WILD Magazin: India Summer". wildmagazin.de. Archived from the original on March 4, 2016. Retrieved November 25, 2016.
- Miss Lagsalot (September 13, 2011). "India Summer — "I consider myself an Orgasmonaut exploring the inner and outer space of my sexuality!"". WHACK! Magazine. Archived from the original on September 30, 2011. Retrieved March 4, 2014.
- Staff. "Drill Baby Drill (2009)". IAFD. Archived from the original on January 25, 2016. Retrieved February 25, 2014.
- "Girlfriends Announces Two Additional Contract Girls". AVN.com. Retrieved April 29, 2011.
- "India Summer Makes Directorial Debut with 'Perfect Fit'". Adult Video News. November 16, 2011. Retrieved November 20, 2011.
- "IAFD.com Releases Compiled 2011 Data". Adult Video News. January 17, 2012. Archived from the original on March 11, 2014. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "Ask the IAFD: Who are the most prolific white female interracial performers?". blog.iafd.com. 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- "India Summer". IMDb.
- "India Summer interview". Xcritic.com. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- email@example.com, Steve Nelson -. "Audrey Hollander, India Summer, Liv Wylder on Body Shots: Uncensored". www.ainews.com.
- Bang for Old Times Sake/ "2392921" on IMDb
- Marriage 2.0 on IMDb
- ""Marriage 2.0" Receives NC-17 Rating from MPAA". AVN.com. Adult Video News. Retrieved March 12, 2015.
- "India Summer interview". Xcritic.com. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2011 AVN Awards". AVN.com. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- "India Summer Receives MILF of the Year at the XBIZ Awards". xbiz.com. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "AVN Announces the 2012 AVN Award Winners". AVN. Retrieved January 22, 2012.
- Peter Warren. "XRCO Announces 2012 Winners". AVN. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "India Summer Wins XRCO Awards". AVN. Retrieved July 6, 2012.
- "AVN - AVN Announces the Winners of the 2014 AVN Awards". business.avn.com. Retrieved December 9, 2014.
- "AVN Announces the Winners of the 2015 AVN Awards". AVN. January 24, 2015. Retrieved January 25, 2015.
- Peter Warren (April 11, 2015). "XRCO Announces Winners of 2015 Awards". AVN. Retrieved April 12, 2015.
- Pardon, Rhett (January 16, 2016). "2016 XBIZ Award Winners Announced - XBIZ.com". XBIZ. Adnet Media. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- XBIZ Award Winners, XBIZ, January 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to India Summer.|