Indian Beach, North Carolina
|Indian Beach, North Carolina|
Location of Indian Beach, North Carolina
|• Total||1.5 sq mi (3.8 km2)|
|• Land||0.6 sq mi (1.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.9 sq mi (2.4 km2)|
|Elevation||7 ft (2 m)|
|• Estimate (2016)||114|
|• Density||76/sq mi (29/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1017958|
Indian Beach is located in southern Carteret County at  on Bogue Banks, a barrier island along the Atlantic Ocean. It is bordered to the west by the town of Emerald Isle and to the east by Pine Knoll Shores. To the north is Bogue Sound, separating the town from the mainland, and to the south is the Atlantic. The town consists of two sections, separated by the unincorporated neighborhood of Salter Path.(34.687911, -76.891498),
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town of Indian Beach has a total area of 1.5 square miles (3.8 km2), of which 0.58 square miles (1.5 km2) is land and 0.93 square miles (2.4 km2), or 62.05%, is water, consisting of portions of Bogue Sound.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 95 people, 50 households, and 31 families residing in the town. The population density was 159.9 people per square mile (62.2/km²). There were 1,218 housing units at an average density of 2,049.9 per square mile (797.1/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 95.79% White, 3.16% Pacific Islander, and 1.05% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.11% of the population.
There were 50 households out of which 14.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 54.0% were married couples living together, 4.0% had a female householder with no husband present, and 38.0% were non-families. 34.0% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.0% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 1.90 and the average family size was 2.35.
In the town, the population was spread out with 10.5% under the age of 18, 2.1% from 18 to 24, 20.0% from 25 to 44, 31.6% from 45 to 64, and 35.8% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 59 years. For every 100 females, there were 97.9 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 97.7 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $47,250, and the median income for a family was $45,250. Males had a median income of $49,583 versus $37,500 for females. The per capita income for the town was $25,826. There were 6.5% of families and 5.0% of the population living below the poverty line, including no under eighteens and none of those over 64.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Indian Beach town, North Carolina". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
|Beaches of Southeastern North Carolina||Succeeded by|