Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education
भारतीय वानिकी अनुसंधान एवं शिक्षा परिषद्
|Ministry of Environment and Forests (India)|
P.O. New Forest, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India 248006|
The Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE) is an autonomous organisation or governmental agency under the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India. Headquartered in Dehradun, its functions are to conduct forestry research; transfer the technologies developed to the states of India and other user agencies; and to impart forestry education. The council has 9 research institutes and 4 advanced centres to cater to the research needs of different bio-geographical regions. These are located at Dehradun, Shimla, Ranchi, Jorhat, Jabalpur, Jodhpur, Bangalore, Coimbatore, Allahabad, Chhindwara, Aizawl, Hyderabad and Agartala.
ICFRE is the largest organisation responsible for forestry research in India. ICFRE was created in 1987, under the Central Ministry of Environment and Forests (India), to direct and manage research and education in forestry sector in India. ICFRE is headed by a Director General with headquarters at Dehradun. ICFRE became an autonomous council under the Ministry in 1991.
The mandate of the ICFRE is to organise, direct and manage research and education in the forestry sector, including in cooperation with FORTIP (UNDP/FAO Regional Forest Tree Improvement Project), UNDP and World Bank on economically important species. ICFRE established a National Bureau of Forest Genetic Resources (NBFGR)
- Conservation, protection, regeneration, rehabilitation and sustainable development of natural forest ecosystems.
- Revegetation of barren, waste, marginal and mined lands.
- Research on tree improvement.
- Enhancing productivity of wood and non-wood forest produce per unit of area per unit time by application of scientific and technological methods.
- Research on improved utilisation, recovery and processing of forest produce for value addition and employment generation.
- Ecological rehabilitation of all fragile ecosystems, such as mountains, mangroves, deserts etc.
- Socio-economic and policy research for developing strategies towards attracting people's participation in forest management.
Advanced research centres
|Advanced Research Centre for Bamboo and Rattan
(a unit of RFRI)
|Centre for Forestry Research and Human Resource Development (satellite centre of TFRI)||CFRHRD||1995||Chhindwara||M.P., Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Orissa||www|
|Centre for Social Forestry≥ and Eco-Rehabilitation
(a centre of ICFRE)
|CSFER||1992||Allahabad||Eastern U.P., North Bihar, Vindhya Range||www|
|Centre for Forest Based Livelihood and Extension||CFLE||2013||Agartala||Tripura|
|Centre for Urban Forestry and Landscape Management
(a centre of AFRI)
- Air pollution in India
- Central Pollution Control Board
- Communal forests of India
- Conservation reserves and community reserves of India
- Director General of Forests
- Environmental issues in India
- Forest management
- Forest produce (India)
- Forest range officer
- Forest Survey of India
- Indian Forest Act, 1927
- Indian Forest Service
- Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM)
- Indira Priyadarshini Vrikshamitra Awards
- Joint Forest Management
- List of forest research institutes
- List of forest research institutes in India
- Reserved forests and protected forests of India
- Social forestry in India
- Tropical rainforests of India
- Urban forestry
- Wildlife Institute of India (WII)
- Wildlife of India
- "Welcome to Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education (ICFRE), Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India - An Autonomous Body of Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India". ICFRE. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Items of Work Handled | Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India". Envfor.nic.in. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 26 November 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- "Autonomous Bodies | Union Government | Government of India Web Directory". Goidirectory.nic.in. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India". Envfor.nic.in. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "About ICFRE". Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education. Retrieved 22 November 2013.
- "S&T Institutes |Central Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India". Envfor.nic.in. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- Government of India. (n.d.). "Ministry wise List of Central Autonomous Bodies under the audit jurisdiction of DAI (RC&LB) audited under section 19(2) and 20(1) of DPC Act 1971." Archived 9 August 2014 at the Wayback Machine. Accessed: 25 August 2014.
- "FAO Country Profiles:India". Fao.org. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "UNDP in India". In.undp.org. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources". Nbfgr.res.in. 2013-12-01. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "State of Forest Genetic Resources Conservation and Management in India". Fao.org. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
- "The first news, views & information website of TRIPURA". Tripurainfo. 2013-09-14. Archived from the original on 2014-08-11. Retrieved 2014-08-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Forestry in India.|