Indian Hill High School
|Indian Hill High School|
|6865 Drake Road
Indian Hill, Ohio, (Hamilton County) 45243
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Indian Hill Exempted Village School District|
|Superintendent||Dr. Mark Miles|
|Principal||Dr. Antonio Shelton|
|Color(s)||Red and White|
|Athletics conference||Cincinnati Hills League|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|USNWR ranking||116 (2009, Newsweek)|
|Athletic Director||Jeff Zidron|
Indian Hill High School is a public high school near Cincinnati, Ohio. It is the only high school in the Indian Hill Exempted Village School District. In 2007, Indian Hill High School was ranked 48th in the nation in U.S. News and World Report Top 100 High Schools, placing it ahead of Walnut Hills High School and Wyoming High School as the top public high school in the Tri-State area, though Wyoming High School overtook Indian Hill once again in the most recent state rankings. In addition, it placed 116th on Newsweek Magazine's 2009 Top 1500 High School Rankings and was named a 2007 U.S. Blue Ribbon School.
Indian Hill High School offers a very vigorous college-prep curriculum, mainly in the honors and AP courses. The school offers a total of 21 AP courses. Students are required to take the AP exam if they take the AP course. In the spring of 2007, 266 students took 682 Advanced Placement exams. 83 percent of these students received a 3 or better on the exams. In the class of 2007, Indian Hill also boasted 73 AP Scholars and 20 National Merit Semi-Finalists/Commended Students, representing 36 percent and 10 percent of the class, respectively. The school also offers a very prestigious, nationally recognized Latin program; the Latin Club functions as a local chapter of both the Ohio Junior Classical League (OJCL) and National Junior Classical League (NJCL), and Indian Hill's Latin chair recently served as president of the American Classical League (ACL).
Indian Hill plays in the Cincinnati Hills League.
Indian Hill is known for its excellent tennis program. The girls team has won the CHL for the last 13 years and in fall of 2008, they made it to the elite eight in the state tournament. In fall of 2009, the girls varsity team placed 4th in the state after close matches against Lexington and Columbus Academy.
Mock Trial Program
Indian Hill's Mock Trial program has won the State Championship in Ohio five times. Reaching the finals in 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2017, Indian Hill won the title in 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2017. Having already competed at Nationals in Atlanta (2009), Philadelphia (2010), Albuquerque (2012), and Indianapolis (2013), Indian Hill's latest State Championship victory qualifies them to compete in the 2017 National Mock Trial Tournament in Hartford, Connecticut. Indian Hill's best placements at the State competition are as follows:
2002: 2nd place; 2006: 3rd and 4th place; 2007: 3rd and 4th place; 2009: 1st and 6th place; 2010: 1st place; 2011: 3rd place; 2012: 1st place; 2013: 1st place; 2014: 5th place; 2016: 5th place; 2017: 1st and 3rd place
- Ted Bolser - TE drafted by the Redskins in 2014
- Michael Gruber - Broadway actor
- Paul Hackett - Democratic politician, Iraqi War Veteran
- Julie Hagerty - American actress and former model
- Tom Tsuchiya - sculptor
Notes and references
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on September 23, 2009. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- "Three high schools make U.S. News' 'best' ranking". 30 November 2007.
- High School Named Blue Ribbon Aw
- "2009 Convention – Club Point Summary" (PDF). Ohio Junior Classical League. 2009. Retrieved 10 August 2009. Indian Hill also known state-wide and nationally for its prestigious and decorated Mock Trial program.
- "2010 State Convention – Club Point Summary" (PDF). OJCL.org. Ohio Junior Classical League. 2010. Retrieved 7 March 2010.
- "Constitution of the Ohio Junior Classical League" (PDF). Ohio Junior Classical League. March 2008. Retrieved 18 September 2009.
...by paying both OJCL annual chapter dues and any annual chapter membership dues required by NJCL.
- "ACL Officers". ACL official website. American Classical League. 2010. Retrieved 24 March 2010.