Indian Institute of Chemical Biology
|Research type||Autonomous Research center|
|Budget||₹711 million (2012)|
Field of research
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Campus||Multiple campuses Urban|
|Council of Scientific & Industrial Research|
Indian Institute of Chemical Biology (IICB) is a biomedical research centre in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. Established in 1935 it was named as Indian Institute of Experimental Medicine (IIEM). Later on IIEM was included in Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR) in the year of 1956 and renamed to its present form in 1982.
IICB is a multidisciplinary research laboratory under the umbrella of CSIR, Govt. of India. It has 6 R&D divisions:
- Cancer Biology & Inflammatory Disorder
- Cell Biology & Physiology
- Infectious Diseases & Immunology
- Molecular & Human Genetics
- Structural Biology & Bioinformatics
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute
- Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
- Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science
- National Institute of Biomedical Genomics
- Jadavpur University
- KPC Medical College and Hospital
- "Annual Report 2011-2012" (PDF). Indian Institute of Chemical Biology. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "History of IICB". iicb.res.in. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Narayana Health, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology joins hand for transitional research". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 19 April 2014.
- "Indian Institute of Chemical Biology". nti.org. Retrieved 19 April 2014.