Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur
|Motto||"Born for innovation"|
|Director||Prof. Sanjeev Jain |
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Jabalpur (IIITDM Jabalpur), also known as Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, is an Indian Institute of Information Technology in Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India that focuses on Information Technology enabled Design and Manufacturing. It was declared to be Institute of National Importance by Government of India under IIIT Act.
Undergraduate Students are admitted to these courses on the basis of the All India Rank in the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) (JEE MAIN) and the UCEED. For admissions to PG level courses, the GATE (for M.Tech. programs)/CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) scores of candidates are considered along with the CPI (or Equivalent Grading System, e.g. CGPA) maintained throughout the Graduate course undertaken by the student.
The institute started functioning from the Jabalpur Engineering College's campus in 2005 until its permanent campus was constructed. The Institute was allotted a campus space of 300 acres (1.2 km2), close to the Domestic Airport and Dumna Nature Reserve Park, in 2006 following the appointment of Dr. Sanjeev Bhargava as director.
Construction of the Core lab Complex and Hostels started thereafter and was completed in June 2009.
The campus also includes three hostels. Two of them (Hall-3 and Hall-4) have triple seated rooms and one (Hall of Residence-1) is single seated. Several Hall of Residences are still under construction.
The Institute also has its own cricket, football, volleyball, basketball ground, badminton court and tennis court.
Research and development
The institute also focuses on proficient R&D skills through the efficient use of technology. The institute carries out active research in the fields of Innovative Design and Manufacturing (Embedded System Design, Design of Control Systems, VLSI, CAD/CAM, Design of Smart Structures, MEMS, Intelligent Product Design, Design of Energy Systems); Graphics, Vision and Image Processing (Computer Graphics, Image Processing, Geometric Modelling, Computer Vision, Pattern Recognition, Biometrics, Simulation, Computer Animation); Advanced Manufacturing (Rapid Prototyping, Micro-Nano Fabrication, Manufacturing Culture); Data and Knowledge Engineering (Computational Linguistics, Data Engineering, Data Engineering, Natural Language Processing, Artificial Intelligence, Parallel Algorithms, Human-Computer Interaction, Software Engineering), Wireless Networks (Wireless Sensor Networks, Vehicular Ad-hoc Networks, and IoT), and Biomedical Signal Processing. The Institute carries out research in the form of thesis pursued by its postgraduate students in these areas along with sponsored projects by organisations like the Indian Ordnance Factories carried out by faculty members in some of these areas.
The counseling Service provides logistics in improving student’s difficulties in various ways from academic to social life. It is an integral part of the Institute that closely works with the faculty members and the administration along with the student community.
The students have been organizing annual festivals Tarang (Cultural Festival), Abhikalpan (Science & Technology festival) and Gusto (Sports festival) in the campus regularly ever since the inception of the Institute. These festivals have become very popular among the students of other colleges of Jabalpur also and a significant number of students of other institutes from India participate in these events. In addition to this, student themselves operate various clubs (69) in which they organize year-round activities.
|Engineering – India|
- "IIITDMJ Administration".
- IIITDM Jabalpur Website
- "Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM) - Jabalpur | Government of India, Ministry of Human Resource Development". mhrd.gov.in. Retrieved 17 October 2017.
- "INI APPROVED IIITs" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 April 2015.
- "Undergraduate Admissions, IIITDM, Jabalpur". 28 July 2011. Archived from the original on 11 August 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- "Post Graduate Admissions, IIITDM, Jabalpur". 28 July 2011. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 28 July 2011.
- "Hostels". iiitdmj.ac.in. Archived from the original on 11 August 2011. Retrieved 22 June 2011.
- "RND". iiitdmj.ac.in. Archived from the original on 9 May 2013. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 28 July 2013. Retrieved 30 March 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2019 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indian Institutes of Information Technology.|