Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram
|Motto||Learning By Doing|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing, Kancheepuram (IIITDM Kancheepuram, also IIITD&M Kancheepuram) is an Institute of National Importance established in 2007 by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India to pursue design and manufacturing oriented engineering education, research and to promote the competitive advantage of Indian products in global markets. It was declared as an Institute of National Importance (INI) by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, in July 2011, thus becoming the first IIIT to be accorded this status. Later in 2014, IIIT Bill 2014 was passed by the Parliament on December 1, 2014, thus granting the status of Institutes of National Importance upon the 4 MHRD funded IIITs including IIITDM Kancheepuram. IIITDM Kancheepuram currently mentors IIITDM Kurnool in its new campus at Chennai.
The institute offers Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) and Dual degrees in various technology areas. Admission to the undergraduate programmes is based on All India Rank (AIR) in Joint Entrance Examination (Main) (JEE-Main). Admission to foreigners is through Direct Admission of Students Abroad (DASA).
The institute also offers M.Des and M.Tech (PG) programs as well as Ph.D programs.
|University and college rankings|
|Engineering – India|
- "Director & Registrar". Retrieved June 2, 2017.
- (PDF) https://web.archive.org/web/20120912173124/http://www.tn.gov.in/stationeryprinting/extraordinary/2011/199-Ex-IV-4.pdf. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 12, 2012. Retrieved November 4, 2012. Missing or empty
- "IIIT Kancheepuram to mentor Andhra Pradesh counterpart". 2015-06-28. Retrieved 2016-10-06.
- "Undergraduate Programs". iiitdm.ac.in. Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "Undergraduate Admissions". Retrieved 14 September 2017.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2017 (Engineering)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2017.