Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
The lead section of this article may need to be rewritten. The reason given is: Does not summarize the article at all, only introduces more material. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: There are too many random lists and unsourced claims (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Motto in English
|Knowledge for the benefit of all|
|Type||Public business school|
|Established||13 November 1961|
|Affiliation||AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, CEMS|
|Director||Bharatendu Nath Srivastava|
Joka, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Campus||Urban, 135 acres (0.5 km2)|
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta or IIM-C) is a public business school located in Joka, Kolkata, West Bengal, India. It was the first Indian Institute of Management established by the Government of India in November 1961 in collaboration with Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), the Government of West Bengal, The Ford Foundation and Indian industry
IIM Calcutta is the first triple accredited management school from India (and one amongst 86 such business schools globally. ) to have accreditation from Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association of MBAs (AMBA). It is also the only Indian business school that is a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS).
- 1 History
- 2 Academics
- 2.1 Post Graduate Programme (MBA): PGDM, PGDCM & PGCGM
- 2.2 CEMS Masters in International Management (CEMS MIM)
- 2.3 Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
- 2.4 Post Graduate Program for Executive (PGPEX)
- 2.5 Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM)
- 2.6 Rankings
- 3 Campus
- 4 Student life
- 4.1 Societies & Clubs
- 4.2 Student Exchange Programmes
- 4.3 Joka Times
- 5 Events
- 6 Notable people
- 7 References
- 8 External links
After India became independent in 1947, the Planning Commission was entrusted to oversee and direct the development of the nation. India proliferated in the 1950s, and in the late 1950s, the Commission started facing difficulties in finding suitable managers for the large number of public sector enterprises that were being established in India as a part of its industrial policy. To solve this problem, the Planning Commission in 1959 invited Professor George Robbins of the University of California to help in setting up an all India level institute of management studies. Based on his recommendations, the Indian government decided to set up two elite management institutes, named Indian Institutes of Management.
Indian Institute of Management Calcutta was the first of these IIMs, and was established on 13 November 1961 in collaboration with the MIT Sloan School of Management, the government of West Bengal, the Ford Foundation and the Indian industry. Its first Director was K. T. Chandy, the former Chairman of Hindustan Unilever Limited. During the initial years of IIM Calcutta, several renowned academics and visionaries formed part of its core team, including Paul Samuelson, Jagdish Sheth, J K Sengupta, Peter S King, and Thomas Hill.
In its initial years, IIM Calcutta operated from Emerald Bower, Barrackpur Trunk Road, Kolkata. The foundation stone of the current IIM-C campus in Joka, Kolkata, was laid by Morarji Desai, who was then the Deputy Prime Minister of India on 15 Dec 1968. The institute moved to the new campus in 1975.
IIM Calcutta offers five main full-time academic programmes:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) – Two-year, full-time MBA programme
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) – Doctoral programme
- Post Graduate Programme for Executives (PGPEX) – One-year, full-time MBA programme for Executives
- Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM) – One-year, full-time Executive MBA programme
- Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) – Two years, full-time BA programme
As a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS), IIM Calcutta also offers the CEMS Masters in International Management degree.
In addition to the above, IIM-C offers other programmes like:
- Executive Education: Management Development Programmes (MDP) and Custom Corporate Programmes
- Management Programmes for Armed Forces Officers (AFP)
- Distance Education programmes via technology/platform partners such as HughesNet Global Education and NIIT Imperia
- Research and Consultancy programmes
Post Graduate Programme (MBA): PGDM, PGDCM & PGCGM
The Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is a full-time, two-year residential academic programme. This programme usually starts in June and runs till April of the second year. PGDM at IIM Calcutta is a general, fully integrated management programme, and includes courses in Accounting, Behavioural Sciences, Finance, Economics, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Business operations, Public policy, Strategy and General management.
The Post Graduate Diploma in Computer aided Management (PGDCM), started in 1994, is similar to the PGDM, but with a special emphasis on Information technology and its business applications. It is aimed at creating business professionals who know how to apply Information and communication technology (ICTs) in business management.
The Post Graduate Programme, including both PGDM and PGDCM, is composed of a core curriculum consisting of compulsory credit and non-credit courses in the first year, and a set of elective courses in the second year, chosen according to the wishes of the student.
The two years of the Post Graduate Programme are divided by a mandatory summer internship programme that typically lasts between eight and ten weeks in April–May of the year after commencement of the programme.
The Post Graduate Certificate in General Management (PGCGM), launched in 2016, is similar to the PGPEX with a general management specialization. This is a one-year program and is delivered in a blended learning mode with sessions conducted online and on campus. The program is targeted towards working professionals with two to five years of work experience while PGPEX is for five plus years of experience.
CEMS Masters in International Management (CEMS MIM)
In 2012, IIM Calcutta became a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS). As a member of CEMS, IIM Calcutta offers the CEMS Masters in International Management (CEMS MIM) degree. Selected students from the PGP programme who also satisfy the requirements for CEMS are given the option of the MIM as an additional degree.
Fellow Programme in Management (FPM)
The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) of IIM Calcutta is a full-time Doctoral level programme in management. Started in 1971, this programme is aimed at preparing students for careers in teaching or research in different disciplines of management, as well as for careers outside academics that demand a high degree of research and analytical abilities. Students who complete this programme are awarded the title Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.
The FPM Programme typically consists of two phases: coursework – which lasts for two years (6 terms) during which the FPM students take courses along with students undergoing the Post Graduate Programme (PGP), and the dissertation. Students who complete the coursework phase with the required academic records have to pass the Comprehensive Qualifying Examination (CQE) before moving on to the dissertation phase. The FPM programme provides the opportunity to pursue an academic or corporate career with a focus on research. This programme is officially recognised as equivalent to a PhD by the Government of India and by the Association of Indian Universities.
Post Graduate Program for Executive (PGPEX)
The PGPEX Program is IIM Calcutta's Full Time MBA program for executives. Introduced in December 2006, it is a fully residential, one-year intensive program designed to develop experienced and ambitious executives for leadership positions in global organisations. The program emphasises practical problem-solving and the development of cross-cultural skills, and is structured as an appropriate mix of classroom lectures, case studies, and individual & team projects & assignments aimed at improving communication, team-building and leadership skills. Participants in the program are required to undertake either an industry internship or an international project during an international study tour for around four weeks. The program is delivered by IIM-C faculty as well as internationally renowned faculty from other institutions. Keeping in minds its orientation to prepare managers for International Business, a cross-cultural learning component through an international immersion programme has been included in the program. Students in the recent years have visited Foster School of Business, University of Washington, US and Mannheim Business School, Germany for 2-week international immersion component.
Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM)
The Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership in Manufacturing (PGPEX-VLM) is a Full Time MBA programme administered by IIM Calcutta along with two other premier Indian educational institutes: IIT Kanpur and IIT Madras. The programme was designed by the three institutes in consultation with industry bodies like Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council (NMCC) of the Government of India and India's Ministry of Human Resource Development. It is a one-year, rigorous programme with a heavy focus on the manufacturing sector, and is drawn on the lines of MIT's Leaders for Global Operations (LGO) (formerly called Leaders For Manufacturing (LFM)) programme, run jointly by MIT Sloan School of Management and MIT's School of Engineering. Candidates with substantial professional experience are selected for this programme every year, and these students spend the one year attending courses in all the three institutes, and visit industries and undergo internships. Candidates, who come from diverse industries like Engineering, Power, Metal and Mining, Automotive & Auto-ancillaries, Shipping & Logistics, Aerospace, FMCG, Oil & Gas, Information Technology, Management Consulting and Railways, are often sponsored by their respective companies. A joint Post Graduate Diploma in Management for Executives in Manufacturing (PGDM-VLM) by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kanpur and IIT Madras is awarded to candidates after the successful completion of the programme.
In 2007, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed by the governments of India and Japan, according to which the Japanese government would extend its support to the transfer of Japanese expertise and visits to manufacturing centres of excellence in Japan for the PGPEX-VLM programme.
|Business – international|
|Financial Times (MiM) (2016)||23|
|Financial Times (MBA) (2017)||95|
|QS (MBA) (2018)||121-130|
|QS (MBA-Asia,Aus,NZ) (2018)||18|
|General – India|
|NIRF (Overall) (2018)||34|
|Business/Management – India|
|Business Today (2016)||2|
|Outlook India (2016)||2|
Worldwide, the Financial Times has ranked IIM Calcutta #23 in its Masters in Management Ranking 2016 and #95 in its Global MBA Ranking 2017. The QS Global 250 MBA Rankings 2018 ranked it 121-130 in the world and 18 in Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
In India, IIM Calcutta was ranked third among management schools by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2018 and 34 overall. It was also ranked second by Business Today's "India's best B-schools 2016" and by Outlook India's "Top 100 Management Schools" of 2016.
The main campus of IIM Calcutta, covering 135 acres (0.5 km2) of area, is located in Joka, on the outskirts of Kolkata, India. The institute moved to its present campus in 1975. IIM Calcutta is regarded as the B-School which offers the best on-campus living experience amongst Indian B-Schools.
IIM Calcutta's main Academic Block is situated next to the main administrative building and has four large lecture halls and several additional classrooms. Another academic building named New Teaching Block was opened in 2000 to supplement the main block. All classrooms and lecture halls are air-conditioned and have advanced audio-visual and multimedia capabilities. A new Academic Block has also been constructed and was declared open by the Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh in August 2011.
The Auditorium at IIM Calcutta, popularly called the Audi, is considered to be the best among any academic campus in India, and hosts most of the important functions in the campus like the convocation, conferences, student events and talks. The facility seats 750 people and was built at a cost of over ₹90 million (US$1.3 million). It is fully air-conditioned and is equipped with ultra-modern equipment including professional audio and visual systems.
The IIM-C library is named Bidhan Chandra Roy Library or BC Roy Memorial Library, after Bidhan Chandra Roy, the second Chief Minister of the state of West Bengal and the first Chairman of the institute. The library is primarily envisioned to meet the requirements of the IIM-C's academic programmes. The largest management library in Asia, it was started with a grant from the Ford Foundation. It houses over 160,000 volumes and also subscribes to hundreds of management journals and provides access to a large collection of electronic databases. The library processes and functions are fully computerized and in addition to print material, it provides access to more than 40,000 online full-text journals.
Management Center for Human Values
The Management Center for Human Values (MCHV) is aimed at "integrating the soft and subtle dimension of human values with the mainstream of skill-dominated management education". The center is located in separate buildings in a part of the campus.
Hostels & Accommodation
IIM-C has 4 main hostels for students pursuing its PGDM, PGDCM and Fellow programmes – Ramanujan Hostel (colloquially called Old Hostel), Tagore Hostel & Annexe (collectively called the White Hostel), New Hostel and Lake View Hostel. Students with families are provided with separate family accommodation. However, PGP students are provided single boarding accommodation only. Preference is given to FPM & PGPEX students for hostel allotment. There are separate hostels for PGPEX and PGPEX-VLM programmes. Single accommodation for PGPEX students is arranged in Management Development Center(MDC). MDC is managed by Hotel Sarovar and facilities provided are equivalent to 3-star hotel accommodation. Students pursuing other courses are usually provided accommodation in the Tata Hall, the guest house in the campus.
Financial Research and Trading Lab
Established in November 2008, the Financial Research and Trading Lab at IIM Calcutta gives an opportunity to students and faculty members to test financial models with "live" information from the major markets of the world like India's National Stock Exchange, Multi Commodity Exchange, National Commodity and Derivatives Exchange, Bombay Stock Exchange and Bloomberg. The lab is the only one of its kind in India, and has advanced industry-standard equipment and facilities including 51 trading terminals, trading simulators and Bloomberg Terminals. The lab is aimed to help in academic programmes, research on financial markets, product design and testing, executive education and in organising international and national conferences on finance. The laboratory gives students hands-on experience in financial market data analysis and modelling and also helps in advanced applied research in financial markets.
Inaugurated by President of India, Pranab Mukherjee, the amphitheater is built in an area of 63,000 square feet with a height of 19 metre at its peak. The Amphitheater being built opposite the existing Library & Information Centre with one connecting wing formed by the recently added new academic building and upon the construction of the eastern wing in future on the opposite side would complete the academic quadrangle.
The New Campus is composed of two large "houses" each accommodating 175 students in private rooms with attached balconies. A multi-level Student Commons with two levels of dining seating 200 covers on each floor and a large recreation area on the top floor serves the intellectual community. An Executive Centre with 200 suites and rooms, having training and syndicate rooms and well fitted executive dining and recreation areas is well under construction.
This new residential campus is connected to the existing campus via a steel bridge which was awarded the "most innovative steel structure in India" in 2010 by the Indian Institute of Steel Research and Development, Ministry of Industries, GOI.
In the main campus, a new Academic wing was opened in early 2011 that accommodates amphitheater lecture halls, computer laboratories, incubation areas, faculty offices, class rooms and syndicate rooms on five levels.
Societies & Clubs
There are several student-run clubs at IIM Calcutta. Clubs usually have faculty members as guides and consultants, though they are actually managed by students.
Centre of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
The Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI) at IIM-C provides support for the creation of new business ventures by providing consulting services in evaluating opportunities, identifying resource requirements, helping in acquiring resources and managing new startups. It is also involved in entrepreneurial research and case development, and organises various events in the campus. The flagship event of CEI is the Annual International Entrepreneurship Summit.
The Consulting Club provides its members with opportunities to get involved in real-life consulting projects that would provide them hands-on experience in the consulting domain. The club leverages IIM-C's strong alumni network and traditional relationships with management consulting firms to arrange various networking events that help students interact with practitioners in the consulting industry to gain a better understanding of the industry. The Consulting Club organises various competitions and events, and publishes an electronic magazine called The Joka Strategist. It also partners with peer groups in IIM Ahmedabad and IIM Bangalore for a magazine named AUDIRE.
Usually referred to as the E-Cell, the Entrepreneurship Cell at IIM Calcutta aims to support and encourage entrepreneurship. The E-Cell has strong ties to TiE and the National Entrepreneurship Network, a non-profit organisation that aims to create and support high-growth entrepreneurs in India. The club organises i2I (Ideas to Implementation), a renowned annual B-plan competition, Ascent, an annual entrepreneurship workshop, and various other events.
Finance & Investments Club
Popularly called the Fin Club, Finance & Investments Club collaborates with corporates and academia from the financial sector to provide a platform for students to improve their quantitative and analytical skills. Leveraging IIM Calcutta's traditional strength in finance, the club organises seminars, industry talks, workshops and finance-based simulated games. In 2009, it helped in organising an International Finance Conference, which is now planned to be held as an annual event.
Initiative for Community Action (INCA)
INCA or INitiative for Community Action is an initiative of the students of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta focused on social work and community action. Modeled on the Initiative on Social Enterprise (ISE) at Harvard Business School, INCA's activities are primarily in the form of free management consulting service to voluntary organisations, NGOs and others doing useful social work.
OutTh!nk is a student club that focuses on puzzles and brain-teasers. It organises various competitions based on logical puzzles, strategy and game theory. The flagship event of OutTh!nk is Pixellated Chaos, a competition held as a part of Intaglio, that mixes the elements of game theory, collusion and treasure hunt.
Systems Consulting Club
The Systems Consulting Club of IIM Calcutta provides a platform for prospective managers to gain experience with real-life issues and problems in technology-related areas. The flagship event of the club is Enigmatics, an annual technology quiz that pits the top management students of India against each other, testing their knowledge about various fields of technology. In addition to Enigmatics and other smaller-scale events, the club organises and supports major events in Intaglio, IIM Calcutta's annual international Business school meet. The club also publishes a magazine, CrossRoads, which reviews major technology-related news stories from around the world, and also publishes technology-oriented papers and essays by students and researchers. The overall objective of the club is to facilitate the development of a good understanding of relevant business processes, coupled with deep practical knowledge about underlying technologies.
Other major student clubs at IIM Calcutta
The following is a partial list of other clubs and Special Interest Groups on campus:
- HUES Club: The Art club of IIM Calcutta, It organizes painting, sketching & creative workshops/ events for students.
- Adventure Club: Organizes various activities like treks, hikes and camping trips for students.
- C'nema Paradiso: A club for movie enthusiasts.
- Choreo Club: The dance club of IIM Calcutta.
- Colloquia: Organizes talks, seminars and workshops by eminent personalities on various topics in the campus.
- DramCell: A club dedicated to Dramatics, organizes plays and dramas.
- JBS BaroC: The music club of IIM Calcutta, and also the official band of the institute.
- Lakeside Lens Lovers (LLL): The Photography club of IIM Calcutta.
- MarCell (Marketing Cell): Organizes various events and competitions related to Marketing.
- Persona: The literary club of IIM Calcutta. It publishes two magazines: Inquest and IMZine, and conducts various literary events and competitions in the campus.
- MAC Experiential Marketing Association: This club focuses on events related to Market research.
- Talent & Organizational Management Special Interest Group, focuses on HRM and BS
Student Exchange Programmes
IIM Calcutta has an extensive network of partner B-schools worldwide through which it conducts student exchange programmes. For the Post Graduate Programme, the student exchange programme (STEP) is usually held in the fifth term, between August–September and December. Every year during this period, more than a hundred students from IIM Calcutta leave for foreign institutes, and an equivalent number from various B-schools arrive in IIM Calcutta to spend the term there. Other academic programmes of IIM-C also offer exchange programmes.
Joka Times is the student-run online campus magazine-journal of IIM Calcutta. It serves as a one-stop site for the latest events, news and updates on IIM Calcutta, and showcases the student-life at IIM-C. Joka Times also hosts a forum, through which students applying for courses at IIM Calcutta are guided by existing students at the institute.
Intaglio is the annual international Business school summit hosted by Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. The flagship event of IIM-C, it was started in 1992 as the National Business School Meet (NBSM), and is widely acknowledged to be the biggest B-school meet in India. Intaglio, usually held over a 3-day weekend in January, serves as a platform facilitating the interaction of eminent personalities from the industry, academia, media and government, holding conferences, workshops and seminars by experts in different fields on a wide range of topics. Intaglio also includes a large number of competitive and non-competitive events for B-school students, which attract participation from world-renowned institutions from around the world, like Asian Institute of Technology, Australian Graduate School of Management, CEIBS, ESCP Europe, Harvard Business School, other IIMs, London Business School, MIT Sloan, National University of Singapore, University of Toronto and the Wharton School. As a mark of its superior quality of events and processes, Intaglio in 2007 became the first event of its kind in India to achieve the ISO 9001:2000 certification from the International Organization for Standardization. In 2010, Intaglio got the distinction of being the first carbon-neutral B-school event in India.
The major regular events at Intaglio include:
- Olympus – the greatest leadership hunt: The flagship event of Intaglio in its recent editions, Olympus is a business leadership competition in which a single representative each from a few top B-schools compete against one another.
- Wizards Of Biz – the boardroom battle: A business simulation game.
- The Great Innovation Challenge: A competition that tests the business innovation and creative skills of participants.
- Consulting Knights: Co-sponsored by a reputed Management consulting firm, this event exposes participants to real-life business situations, testing their consulting skills.
Carpe Diem is the annual cultural fest organised by the students of IIM Calcutta. It's usually held over a 3-day weekend in February and attracts participation from colleges and schools across India. It is the largest B-School Cultural Fest in Eastern India. In 2013, it had over 12000 participants from 100+ colleges.
The major regular events at Carpe Diem are:
- Armageddon: Amateur Rock music competition.
- Symphony: Musical concert.
- Razzmatazz: Fashion show.
- Euphoria: Dance competition.
Lattice is the annual business symposium organized by the PGPEX students of IIM Calcutta. It is a platform that facilitates interaction of students of IIM Calcutta with leaders of Indian society and industry. Lattice is usually held in October. It attracts guests from different spheres of Indian industry, society, IIM Calcutta alumnus, and students from different business schools. The event was started in year 2010. Eminent speakers from diverse industries have graced the symposium. It also has other exciting events such as a Business Quiz, Panel Discussions and alumni meet in store.
IIM Calcutta has a 15,000+ strong alumni network who have taken up careers in Management, Academy, Public service, Social Service around the world and made significant impact in the chosen areas.Every year the Institute hosts Golden and Silver jubilee reunion.Since 2011 the Institute has been awarding a Distinguished Alumni Award to alumni who have made immense contributions in the fields of Management, Academy, Public service, Social Service.
Faculty and staff
Past and present faculty at IIM Calcutta include many prominent scholars such as management educationist Ravi J. Matthai, economists Paul Samuelson, Ashok Mitra, Yoginder K Alagh and Deepak Nayyar, statisticians Warren Bennis, Jagdish Sheth and Rahul Mukerjee, anthropologist Surajit Chandra Sinha, and historians Barun De, Sabyasachi Bhattacharya, Rajat Kanta Ray, Indivar Kamtekar and Sumit Guha.
- "Board of Governors | IIM Calcutta". www.iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Director's Message". iimcal.ac.in. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- Swati Garg (12 May 2011). "Institute Website". Business Standard. Business Standard.
- "The Triple Accredited Business Schools (AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS)". MBA Today. Retrieved 28 April 2018.
- "IIM Calcutta to become 28th member school". Global Alliance in Management Education. 2 October 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- RC Bhargava; Ajit Balakrishnan; Anusua Basu; Ram S Tarneja; Ashok Thakur (25 September 2008). "Report of IIM Review Committee" (PDF). GOVERNMENT OF INDIA: MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 October 2010. Retrieved 19 March 2010.
- "About IIM Calcutta". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 19 February 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "IIM Calcutta: Campus – Infrastructure". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 6 March 2010. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "Programs". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "Consultancy and Management Development Programs". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 11 February 2010. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "Executive Education: About Us". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 18 March 2010. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "Indian Institute of Management Calcutta:Long Duration Programs". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 29 January 2010. Retrieved 5 April 2010.
- "HughesNet Global Education: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta". www.HGNE.in. Archived from the original on 10 March 2010. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "NIIT Imperia – Academic Partners: Indian Institute of Management Calcutta". www.NIITImperia.com. Archived from the original on 15 April 2010. Retrieved 18 March 2010.
- "Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Aided Management (PGDCM)". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "IIMC Department List". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Post Graduate Certificate in General Management (PGCGM)". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "Fellow Programmes in Management and Related Disciplines". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 12 February 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Fellow Programmes: Curriculum". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 17 February 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Doctoral Program". The Times Of India. 28 December 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2011.
- "PGPEX". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- "CHAIRMAN'S MESSAGE". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 13 February 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "PGPEX-VLM – Overview". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 9 February 2010. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- S. Vaidhyasubramaniam (31 March 2008). "IIM-Calcutta's one-year programme for executives". The Hindu. Chennai, India: The Hindu Group. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "PGPEX-VLM – Director's Message". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 26 March 2009. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "PGPEX-VLM – Chairman's Message". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 26 March 2009. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- "Masters in Management 2016". Financial Times. 2016. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "Global MBA Rankings 2017". Financial Times. 2017. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "QS Global MBA Rankings 2018: Global". QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited. 2017.
- "QS Global MBA Rankings 2018: Asia, Australia & New Zealand". QS Quacquarelli Symonds Limited. 2017.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Overall)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "India's best B-schools 2016: Full List". Business Today. 4 December 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Fits And Start-Ups: The A+ Schools". Outlook India. 3 October 2016.
- "India's Best B-Schools ranked according to Parametres". Business Today. 27 October 2013. Retrieved 9 November 2013.
- "TEDxCalcutta: Venue – Indian Institute Of Management (IIM) Calcutta". www.TEDxCalcutta.com. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- "About the Library". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "IIM-C finance lab to study major markets of the world". www.IndianExpress.com. Indian Express Group. 19 November 2008. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Finance Lab At IIM For Meltdown Lessons". wwww.BusinessWorld.in. Businessworld. 19 November 2008. Archived from the original on 7 December 2010. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Financial Trading and Research Lab". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- Admin, India Education Diary Bureau (2017-05-18). "New state of the art amphitheatre at Indian Institute of Management Calcutta - India Education Diary". India Education Diary. Retrieved 2018-05-02.
- "JokaTimes – IIM Calcutta Clubs". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 21 February 2010.
- "Centre of Entrepreneurship and Innovation". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Annual International Entrepreneurship Summit 2009–10". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 12 April 2010. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "IIM Calcutta: Consulting Club". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 25 March 2008. Retrieved 7 April 2010.
- "Consulting Club". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 7 April 2010.
- "Entrepreneurship Cell at IIM Calcutta". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Entrepreneurship Cell". www.ECellIIMCal.in/. Archived from the original on 6 April 2010. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Finance & Investments Club". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "International Finance Conference 2009". www.IFC2009.in. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "IIM Calcutta: INCA – INitiative for Community Action". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 3 May 2010. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "INitiative for Community Action (INCA)". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 9 April 2010.
- "OutTh!nk: Extra-Curricular, Not Co-Curricular". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "Pixellated Chaos". www.IIMC-Intaglio.com. Archived from the original on 2 April 2010. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
- "The Systems Club – IIM Calcutta". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 17 February 2010. Retrieved 21 February 2010.
- "Adventure Club". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 6 April 2010.
- "Choreo Club". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Colloquia: About Us". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 28 February 2010. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "DramCell". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "JBS-BaroC". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "LLL". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "MarCell". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Persona". www.JokaTimes.com. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Current Partner Institutes". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 25 January 2014. Retrieved 10 August 2013.
- "JokaTimes.com: About". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 21 March 2010.
- "IIM-C students get busy guiding aspirants". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 17 March 2010.
- "IIM-C annual business festival from today". The Financial Express. Indian Express Group. 10 January 2002. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Intaglio gets under way". The Hindu Business Line. The Hindu Group. 11 January 2002. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "IIM Calcutta biz meet in Jan". The Hindu Business Line. The Hindu Group. 7 November 2007. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Out of the box, leaders-to-be – B-schools in 3-day jamboree". The Telegraph. Calcutta, India. 5 November 2002. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Singapore offers openings in banking, IT, electronics". The Financial Express. Indian Express Group. 5 January 2008. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "IIM-C's Intaglio gets bigger". The Financial Express. Indian Express Group. 7 November 2007. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "IIM-C invites Buddha to check out best routes to SEZs". The Financial Express. Indian Express Group. 31 December 2006. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Deepak H. "Intaglio 2007–08 at IIM Calcutta Witnesses International Participation at its Highest". www.coolavenues.com. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Intaglio 2007–08, IIM Calcutta – International participation at its highest". www.prurgent.com. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Bhargav Srikanthan. "A Day in the Life of an IIMCian: Intaglio". Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 10 May 2009. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Mahima Puri (6 January 2010). "IIM-C walks the extra green mile". The Economic Times. The Times Group. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Showcase events". www.iimc-intaglio.com. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 30 November 2009. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- "Welcome to Carpe Diem". www.IIMC-CarpeDiem.com. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Carpe Diem: Mega Events". www.IIMC-CarpeDiem.com. Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. Archived from the original on 3 March 2010. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "Reminiscence - IIM Calcutta Reunion".
- "Distinguished Alumni Award - IIM Calcutta".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indian Institute of Management Calcutta.|