Indian Institute of Management Indore
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||"Siddhi Moolam Prabandhanam"|
Motto in English
|The Root of all Achievement is Management|
|Type||Public business school|
|Director||Prof. Himanshu Rai |
|Campus||Suburban, 193 acres (0.8 km2)|
|Affiliations||AMBA; AACSB; EQUIS|
The Indian Institute of Management Indore (often abbreviated as IIM-I) is an autonomous public business school located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh in India. Instituted in 1996, IIM Indore is the sixth addition to the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) family of management schools and was named as an institute of national importance in 2017 along with the other IIMs.
IIM Indore, which came into existence in 1996, was established as the sixth Indian Institute of Management after IIM Calcutta (1961), IIM Ahmedabad (1961), IIM Bangalore (1973), IIM Lucknow (1984) and IIM Kozhikode (1996). Dr. Vijendra Nath Asopa took charge as the first Director of the institute.
It initially functioned out of the Government Poly-technique College in Rajendra Nagar, Indore. Its first MBA (PGP) batch consisting of 37 participants commenced in June 1998.
Dr. Rajan Saxena took over as Director in 1999. IIM Indore received its first award— Business Standard sponsored Best Business School Award in the “World Strategy Forum” held at Nehru Centre, Mumbai during October 14–17, 1999.
It placed its first batch successfully in 2000, with 36 students getting placed in less than 36 hours.
IIM Indore shifted to its current 193-acre campus in 2003. Mr. Sudharssanam took over as acting director in July 2003. He was replaced by Dr. S. P. Parashar in April 2004.
In 2006, IIM Indore launched a slew of new programmes including the doctoral Fellow Programme in Management, the 24-week Certificate Course for Defense Officers, One-year Broad-Band-Based (BBB) Certificate in General Management Program (BBB-GM), One-year Broad-band-based Certificate in Sales and Marketing Management Program (BBB-S&MM) and others. The MBA intake was increased to 180 participants. In 2008, this was increased to 240. Dr. N. Ravichandran was appointed as director in the same year. In September, 2009, IIM Indore started the One Year Full Time Executive Post Graduate Programme (EPGP), a couple of months after the same was started at IIM Bangalore. EPGP, in its initial years, had academic collaboration with Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh, USA and was one of the only few programmes to have an academic content and evaluation based international immersion. In 2010, the MBA intake was increased to 450 participants, and the MBA programme itself now included two new components - the Himalayan Outbound Programme and the Rural Immersion Programme.
In 2011, IIM Indore launched the Five Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM), PGPMX, Mumbai, PGP and PGPMX, UAE, FPM (Industry). State-of-the-art Sports Complex having an Auditorium, Swimming Pool, Amphitheatre, Gymnasium, Cafeteria, Two Tennis Courts, Squash Court, Book Shop and Event Court was dedicated to the IIM Indore community.
Dr, Rishikesha T. Krishnan joined as Director in January 2014.
Dr. Himanshu Rai joined as Director in January 2019.
IIM Indore has been awarded the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation by EFMD, the globally recognized international organization for management development. The EQUIS Accreditation Board voted to confer EQUIS Accreditation on IIM Indore on December 10, 2019. IIM Indore is now the second IIM in the nation to receive Triple accreditations, bringing glory to the institute with a ‘Triple Crown’, i.e. receiving all the three prominent accreditations — Association of MBAs (AMBA, UK); The Association to Advanced Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB, USA); and EQUIS, European Union. This combination of accreditations is held by less than one percent of business schools in the world, granted by the largest and most influential business school accreditation agencies. As of March 2019, the ‘Triple Crown’ was received by only 90 business schools globally, out of the 13,000+ schools offering business degree programmes.
In 2011, IIM Indore launched the Five Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM). It is a first of its kind programme in India aimed at attracting students who have passed higher secondary school and showed an interest in Management Education.
IIM Indore started offering its two-year full-time (residential) Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) at Ras al-Khaimah (UAE) in 2011. It is the first IIM to have started operations outside India. In 2013, IIM Indore shifted its Ras al-Khaimah operations to Dubai. However, in 2014, it shut down its operations in its UAE campus.
The institute also offered its two-year full-time (non-residential) Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) in Mumbai, from 2012 till 2019 Till date, no IIM has had a presence in the financial capital of India (Mumbai).  Currently, the institute also offers Post Graduate Programme in Management for Working Executives (PGPMX) in Mumbai.
The institute operated out of a temporary campus in Rajendra Nagar in Indore till 2003, before moving to its current campus. On 3 October 1998, the foundation stone of the Indore campus was laid by Mukesh Ambani. The current campus is located at Prabandh Shikhar, on Rau-Pithampur Road, close to the Pithampur Special Economic Zone, off Agra-Bombay Highway. Situated atop a scenic hillock, the IIM Indore campus is 193 acre.
The present campus started with 4 hostels each housing 60 students and was gradually increased to 18 hostels (for PGP and IPM students). Rooms in all the hostels have direct computer connectivity to the main LAN that provides an 1Gbit/s internet connectivity via National Knowledge Network. For the One Year Full-Time MBA (EPGP) students, a separate hostel has been set up that can house almost 200 students. In addition to these, IIM Indore also has a Management Development Centre (MDC) which houses the MDP participants. A hostel dedicated to participants of Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) has been constructed recently. Refurbishment and renovation work also encompasses the main gate and several other buildings in the IIM campus such as staff quarters for the visiting faculty.
The new sports complex which has a gymnasium, a swimming pool, a squash court, a sauna bath and an auditorium was inaugurated in October 2011 by Shri L.N. Jhunjhunwala, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIM Indore and has become operational since then. Apart from this, the hostels have badminton, volleyball and Basketball courts.
IIM Indore offers the following academic programmes:
- Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), a two-year full-time residential MBA programme .
- Executive Post-Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP), a one-year full-time residential Executive MBA programme equivalent to an MBA.
- Integrated Programme in Management (IPM), a five-year integrated course in management, which consists of a BA (Foundation in Management Studies) and MBA.
- Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPMX), a two-year alternate-weekend Executive MBA programme.
- Post Graduate Programme in Human Resource Management (PGPHRM)
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) also known as Doctor of Business Administration programme.
- Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EFPM) also known as Executive Doctor of Business Administration.
- Faculty Development Programme (FPM).
Options to specialise in various fields such as Finance, Operations, Marketing, Systems etc. are available.
The institute also offers various certificate programmes and Management Development Programmes (MDPs).
IIM Indore has been recently accredited from the Association of MBAs (AMBA, a UK-based accreditation agency), for four full-time programmes - Two Year Post Graduate Programme in Management (both at Indore and Mumbai), One Year Full Time Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP) and Five Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM, 4th and 5th Year).
Admissions to the Post Graduate Programmes in Management (PGP) and Post Graduate Programme in Human Resource Management (PGPHRM) at Indore is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the IIMs. Non Resident Indian (NRI) candidates are also eligible to apply and should have scored a minimum GMAT score of 650 to be shortlisted for further evaluations. Admissions to the Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP), a programme for executives with a minimum of 5 years work experience, is through the globally accepted GMAT. The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their GMAT score, which on average has been 700 for the past batches, quality of work experience, extra-curricular record and future managerial potential.
Admission to the 5 year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) is through the IPM Admission Test (IPMAT) conducted nationally as a preliminary examination followed by personal interview and WAT. A combination of both scores is used to select candidates. Over 20,000 students give the IPM AT annually from which only 120 are selected, a selection ratio of less than one percent.
Foreign Student Exchange Program
There are over 90 student exchange seats, which means that 20% of the PGP batch can spend an academic term in a foreign university. It is the 3rd highest number of seats across all IIMs. There are over 40 schools with whom IIM Indore has an exchange programme MOU in 16 countries. On an average 50 students from foreign universities spend a term at IIM Indore. In 2019, IPM (five-year integrated program) started its first exchange on undergraduate level. In the first leg, more than 30 students (25% of batch) spent their term abroad in different universities of France, Germany, Finland, Latvia and Taiwan.
The institute had its first student exchange of six students with Ecole de Management de Lyon (EM Lyon), a business school based in Lyon, France, in 2005.
The One Year Full Time MBA (EPGP) collaborates with SDA Bocconi School of Management, Milan, Italy as part of exchange programme where the entire batch spends 1 full term for a five-week module to get a global perspective on management. The exchange programme introduces students to diverse subjects like Digital Transformation, Doing Business with Europe, Fashion and Luxury Management and Family Business Management. The international immersion for EPGP Programme is known as Advanced Leadership Programme. The EPGP programme also has compulsory modules on Advanced Data Analytics which is taught in collaboration with Jigsaw Academy and Strategy Simulations offered by Harvard Business School.
|Business/Management – India|
|Business Today (2019)||5|
|Outlook India (2020)||4|
- List of universities in India
- Universities and colleges in India
- Education in India
- Distance Education Council
- University Grants Commission (India)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Kunju S, Shihabudeen (31 December 2018). "Professor Himanshu Rai Joins As IIM Indore's Director". NDTV. Retrieved 3 February 2019.
- "NIRF 2020". IIM Indore.
- Rakshit, Avishek (21 February 2019). "IIM Indore gets international accreditation from AACSB". Business Standard. Retrieved 21 February 2019.
- "IIM-Indore gets triple crown, in elite world club of 90". The Times of India. 12 December 2019. Retrieved 12 December 2019.
- "IIM Indore at a Glance - भारतीय प्रबंध संस्थान इंदौर - IIM Indore".
- "How Indore's unique IIT-IIM blend is spurring entrepreneurship".
- "About Indian Institute of Management Indore". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 15 September 2011.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore - PGP at Dubai (UAE)". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012.
- "IIM Indore goes to Dubai". The Telegraph. Calcutta. 12 November 2011.
- "Curtains down on IIM-Indore Dubai campus - Times of India".
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – PGP at Mumbai". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 26 July 2012.
- "IIM Indore Launches PGP Course At Mumbai". www.careermitra.com.
- "IIM Indore launches PG programme in Mumbai". Hindustan Times. Indore. Archived from the original on 11 October 2012.
- "IIM-Indore launches course from Mumbai". The Times of India. Indore. Archived from the original on 26 January 2013.
- "A Chronology, First Ten Years" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 June 2012.
- "Sports Complex". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 20 October 2011.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – PGP". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – EPGP". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 13 September 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – IPM". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 13 November 2011.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – PGPMX at Mumbai". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – PGPMX at Dubai". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – FPM". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 22 August 2009.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – FPMI". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – MDP". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 13 September 2012.
- "IIM Indore Gets AMBA Accreditation - भारतीय प्रबंध संस्थान इंदौर - IIM Indore". भारतीय प्रबंध संस्थान इंदौर - IIM Indore. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Full Time Faculty". भारतीय प्रबंध संस्थान इंदौर - IIM Indore. Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- "Visiting Faculty". भारतीय प्रबंध संस्थान इंदौर - IIM Indore. Retrieved 12 April 2019.
- "Admission Process". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 3 December 2011.
- "Student Exchange Programmes in Top business Schools in India - A primer". InsideIIM. InsideIIM.com. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2020 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Education. 11 June 2020.
- "India's best B-schools 2019: Overall Ranking 2019". Business Today. 3 November 2019.
- "Outlook-ICARE India MBA Rankings 2020: Top Public MBA Institutions Outlook India Magazine". Retrieved 22 January 2020.
- Sharma, Swati (2 December 2017). "Bollywood lyricist and screenwriter Hussain Haidry talks about his journey". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 27 February 2021.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indian Institute of Management Indore.|