Indian Institute of Management Indore
This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||"Siddhi Moolam Prabandhanam"|
Motto in English
|Achievement is Rooted in Management|
|Type||Public Business School|
|Director||Rishikesha T. Krishnan|
|Campus||Suburban, 193 acres (0.8 km2)|
|Affiliations||Indian Institutes of Management|
The Indian Institute of Management Indore (often abbreviated as IIM-I) is an autonomous public business school located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh in India. Instituted in 1996, IIM Indore is the sixth addition to the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) family of management schools.
- 1 History
- 2 Academics
- 3 Faculty
- 4 Location and campus
- 5 Student activities
- 6 See also
- 7 References
- 8 External links
IIM Indore, which came into existence in 1996, was established as the sixth Indian Institute of Management after IIM Calcutta (1961), IIM Ahmedabad (1961), IIM Bangalore (1973), IIM Lucknow (1984) and IIM Kozhikode (1996)
IIM Indore started offering its two-year full-time (residential) Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) at Ras al-Khaimah (UAE) in 2011. It is the first IIM to have started operations outside India. In 2013, IIM Indore shifted its Ras al-Khaimah operations to Dubai. However, in 2014, it shut down its operations in its UAE campus.
The institute also offers its two-year full-time (non-residential) Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) in Mumbai, from 2012. Till date, no IIM had a presence in the financial capital of India (Mumbai). 
IIM Indore offers the following academic programmes -
- Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP), a two-year full-time residential programme equivalent to an MBA.
- Executive Post-Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP), a one-year full-time residential programme equivalent to an MBA.
- Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPMX), a two-year alternate-weekend programme.
- Fellow Programme in Management (FPM).
- Integrated Programme in Management (IPM), a five-year integrated course in management
Options to specialise in various fields such as Finance, Operations, Marketing, Systems etc. are available.
The institute also offers various certificate programmes and Management Development Programmes (MDPs).
IIM Indore has been recently accredited from the Association of MBAs (AMBA, a UK-based accreditation agency), for four full-time programmes - Two Year Post Graduate Programme in Management (both at Indore and Mumbai), One Year Full Time Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP) and Five Year Integrated Programme in Management (IPM, 4th and 5th Year).
Admissions to the Post Graduate Programmes in Management (PGP) at Indore, Dubai(UAE) and Mumbai, is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by the IIMs. Non Resident Indian (NRI) candidates are also eligible to apply and should have scored a minimum GMAT score of 650 to be shortlisted for further evaluations. Admissions to the Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGP), a programme for executives with a minimum of 5 years work experience, is through the globally accepted GMAT. The candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their GMAT score, which on average has been 700 for the past batches, quality of work experience, extra-curricular record and future managerial potential.
Foreign Student Exchange Program
There are over 90 student exchange seats, which means that 20% of the PGP batch can spend an academic term in a foreign university. It is the 3rd highest number of seats across all IIMs. There are over 20 schools with whom IIM Indore has an exchange programme MOU - Germany, France, Belgium, Austria, US, UK, Australia, Malaysia, Philippines. It is one of the few IIMs to have a programme in Latin America (Brazil). On an average 50 students from foreign universities spend a term at IIM Indore.
The institute had its first student exchange of six students with Ecole de Management de Lyon (EM Lyon), a business school based in Lyon, France, in 2005.
The One Year Full Time MBA (EPGP) collaborates with McCombs School of Business at The University of Texas at Austin, US, as part of exchange programme where the entire batch spends 1 full term for a five-week module to get a global perspective on management.
|Business/Management – India|
|Business Today (2016)||9|
Location and campus
The institute operated out of a temporary campus in Rajendranagar in Indore till 2003, before moving to its current campus. On 3 October 1998, the foundation stone of the Indore campus was laid by Mukesh Ambani. The 193 acres (0.78 km2) campus is located at Prabandh Shikhar, on Rau-Pithampur Road, close to the Pithampur Special Economic Zone, off Agra-Bombay Highway. Expansion plans include building more hostels to accommodate the growing number of post graduate and executive students, a state of the art sports complex and residential quarters for doctoral students.
The present campus started with 4 hostels each housing 60 students. As the intake has gradually increased, today, there are 18 hostels. Rooms in all the hostels have direct computer connectivity to the main LAN that provides an 1Gbit/s internet connectivity via National Knowledge Network. For the One Year Full Time MBA (EPGP) students, a separate hostel has been set up that can house almost 200 students – future proof for the substantial increase in intake planned. In addition to these, IIM Indore also has a Management Development Centre (MDC) which houses the MDP participants. A hostel dedicated to participants of Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) has been constructed recently. Refurbishment and renovation work also encompasses the main gate and several other buildings in the IIM campus such as staff quarters for the visiting faculty.
The IIMI Library holds knowledge resources predominantly related to management and allied subjects. The entire Library collection including the CD-ROM databases and the online databases are made available through Institute’s network. Users can access the online databases, video library and also find out the real-time availability of library materials from their own computer terminals. The Library offers a range of information services.
The Library resource includes over 15000 books in the area of Management and related subjects, 425 journals (350 Foreign and 75 Indian) specific to the academic and research needs of the academic community and over 1000 selective e-journals available in full-text.
The new sports complex which has a gymnasium, a swimming pool, a squash court and an auditorium was inaugurated on October 2011 by Shri L.N. Jhunjhunwala, Chairman, Board of Governors, IIM Indore and has become operational since then. Apart from this, the hostels have badminton, volleyball and Basketball courts.
The activities of the students are coordinated by the Students Activities Council (SAC), an elected body of student representatives. The SAC follows a Constitution document in its activities and initiatives. The SAC comprises 9 committees, 9 Activity clubs, 8 Interest clubs, an Editorial team of a quarterly publication and co-ordinators of various national level events.
The student committees are as follows:
- Academic Affairs Committee
- Alumni Committee
- Cultural Committee
- Industry Interaction Cell
- Infrastructure Committee
- Media & Public Relations Committee
- Placement Committee
- Sports Committee
- Student Exchange Programme Committee
The secretary of each committee along with the SAC Co-ordinator (SAC-C) and the SAC Financial Advisor (SAC-FA) form the 10-member SAC Executive Council which advises the institute administration.
There are various Activity Clubs at IIM Indore, the notable among them being:
- Anustha (IPM Activities Committee)
- Consulting Club
- Currenc-I (Economics and International Business Club)
- Entrepreneurship Cell
- Equit-I (Finance Club)
- Humain-I (HR Club)
- Infinit-I (Technology and Systems Club)
- Literar-I(IPM literary club)
- Retorica (IPm DebSoc)
- Mirage(Creative Club)
- Kaizen (Operations Club)
- Merchand-I (Merchandising Club)
- Mercur-I (Marketing Club)
- Voyage Capital Investment Club
IIM Indore also hosts several clubs catering to varied interest groups:
- FIC-I (IPM Finance and Investment Club)
- AaRoHan (IPM Social and Corporate Sensitivity Cell)
- Aperture (Photography Club)
- Arena (Gaming Club)
- Debsoc (Debating Society)
- Drishti (IPM Photography Club)
- Harmon-I (Music Society)
- idAnIm (Film and Theatre Fraternity)
- Pragat-I (Social Sensitivity Cell)
- Quiz Club
- Vibes (Dance Club)
The students of IIM Indore publish a quarterly business magazine, Management Canvas.
Various contests, events and tournaments are held throughout the year, giving students a chance to compete among themselves.
IRIS is the annual management festival of IIM Indore, first held in 2000. Participation, both from students and corporate India, has been on the rise each year. With a gamut of events ranging from the leadership event 'Ashwamedha' to a host of other events targeted at every functional sphere of management, āhvān is successful in pulling in the best management students across India. Among the most popular events are Chanakya (Consulting), Kalpavriksha (Social Business plan), Fin League (Finance) and Gordian Knot (cross functional). The event ends with a live concert, Livewire, in which popular singers and bands like Euphoria, Mohit Chauhan, Indian Ocean and Parikrama have performed.
Mridang is the annual three-day cultural festival of IIM Indore. The 2012 edition took place on 10–12 February. and was focused on the importance of education, including lectures and workshops for children of the city. The cultural program included a santoor performance by Tarun Bhattacharya and an Odissi dance performance by Sanchita Bhattyacharya, followed by Lasya group dancing. The 2014 edition took place on 21–23 February. The Band Odyssey performed on 23 February.
Atharv is the only undergraduate fest organised at an IIM. A cultural and management fest, conducted by the students of the Integrated Program in Management, it spans three days and is conducted during the 1st weekend of September, every year. It is the biggest college fest of Central India.
Atharv’s Flagship Management events include Avant Garde (B-Plan), Pragnya (B-Quiz), Vendition Vendatta (Marketing), Finopoly (Finance) and Game of Shadows (Game Theory). The cultural events range from the usual – Delirium (Battle of the Bands), Tremolo (Acoustics), Bailar (Solo Dance) & Promenade (Group Dance) – to the unusual – Vandals (Graffiti), Vanity (Fashion/Ramp), and Vaudeville (the talent hunt). A 3-day MUN is also conducted simultaneously, along with a British Parliamentary Debate and other literary events. A number of informal events are conducted as well.
Utsaha is the annual rural marketing fair of IIM Indore, established in 2009. The 2011 edition was held at Janapao Kuti village in Mhow tehsil and was focused on "contemporary issues being faced by companies targeting rural markets."
In line with IIM Indore’s focus on creating a positive impact on the social and cultural environment in which it functions, Indore Marathon, an initiative taken by the community of IIM Indore, made a successful debut in 2008 with more than 5000 citizens running for peace on 2 October i.e. Gandhi Jayanti. The Indore Marathon is the true test of endurance and character and sends out a statement of unity and support for a cause.
Themes for Indore Marathon:
- 2009: "Run for Peace"
- 2010: "Run for an Educated India"
- 2011: "Run for a Healthy India"
- 2012: "Run for Gender Equality."
- 2013: "Run against Rape and Discrimination"
- 2014: "Run for the Homeless"
- 2015: "Run to empower the old"
- 2016: "Run to empower people with Special Needs"
Indian B School League
Rendezvous is an Annual Alumni- Fresher’s meet, held across various cities in India in an effort to enable the new batch to interact with the Alumnus, and the PGP-2 participants, who began their journey of success through IIM Indore.
- List of universities in India
- Universities and colleges in India
- Education in India
- Distance Education Council
- University Grants Commission (India)
- Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- "IIM Indore at a Glance - भारतीय प्रबंध संस्थान इंदौर - IIM Indore".
- "How Indore's unique IIT-IIM blend is spurring entrepreneurship".
- "About Indian Institute of Management Indore". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 15 September 2011.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore - PGP at Dubai (UAE)". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012.
- "IIM Indore goes to Dubai". The Telegraph. Calcutta. 12 November 2011.
- "Curtains down on IIM-Indore Dubai campus - Times of India".
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – PGP at Mumbai". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 26 July 2012.
- "IIM Indore Launches PGP Course At Mumbai". www.careermitra.com.
- "IIM Indore launches PG programme in Mumbai". Hindustan Times. Indore. Archived from the original on 11 October 2012.
- "IIM-Indore launches course from Mumbai". The Times Of India. Indore.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – PGP". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – EPGP". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 13 September 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – PGPMX at Mumbai". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – PGPMX at Dubai". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – FPM". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 22 August 2009.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – FPMI". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 October 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – IPM". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 13 November 2011.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore – MDP". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 13 September 2012.
- "IIM Indore Gets AMBA Accreditation - भारतीय प्रबंध संस्थान इंदौर - IIM Indore". भारतीय प्रबंध संस्थान इंदौर - IIM Indore. Retrieved 2016-11-12.
- "Admission Process". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 3 December 2011.
- "Student Exchange Programmes in Top business Schools in India - A primer". InsideIIM. InsideIIM.com. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2018 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2018. Retrieved 3 April 2018.
- "India's best B-schools 2016: Full List". Business Today. 4 December 2016. Retrieved 29 June 2017.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore - Department and faculty". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 25 February 2012.
- "Indian Institute of Management Indore - Visiting Faculty". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 February 2012.
- "A Chronology, First Ten Years" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 25 June 2012.
- "Library". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 9 February 2009.
- "Sports Complex". www.iimidr.ac.in. Archived from the original on 20 October 2011.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 9 January 2014. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- Management Canvas Archived 1 August 2009 at the Wayback Machine. ISSN 0975-5012
- "Euphoria Rock Show Scheduled to be Held at IIM Indore". www.coolavenues.com.
- "Parikrama - List of Performances(2011)". www.parikrama.com.
- "Mridang". iimi-mridang.com. Archived from the original on 18 February 2012.
- "Mridang gets off to a wonderful start". Times of India.
- "Utsaha: IIM-I tryst with rural India". daily11.bhaskar.com. Archived from the original on 10 July 2012.
- "Indore Marathon in News". Hindustan Times.
- "Indore Marathon". www.indoremarathon.com.
- "HugeDomains.com - IndoreMarathon.com is for sale (Indore Marathon)". www.indoremarathon.com.
- "Udaan - भारतीय प्रबंध संस्थान इंदौर - IIM Indore".
- "Indore B-School League, Indian Institute of Management Indore". www.collegekhabar.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indian Institute of Management Indore.|