Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
|भारतीय प्रबंध संस्थान, काशीपुर|
|Motto||उन्नत भारतम् उद्दिश ग्यान प्रवछनम्|
Motto in English
|Imparting Knowledge to make a better India|
|Type||Public business school|
|Chairman||Dhruv M. Sahni|
|Director||Dr. Gautam Sinha|
|Location||Kashipur, Uttarakhand, India
|Campus||Urban, 200 acres (0.81 km2)|
The Indian Institute of Management Kashipur also known as IIM Kashipur, is a public business school located in Kashipur, Uttarakhand, India. It is one of the thirteen Indian Institutes of Management the government has set up during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan. The foundation stone was laid by the HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on 29 April 2011.
This autonomous institute offers a two-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) and a two-year Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGPM) with a non-residential doctoral Executive Fellowship Programme in Management (EFPM) to commence from July 2014.
- 1 Campus
- 2 Academic programs
- 3 Board of Governors
- 4 Faculty
- 5 Centers of Excellence
- 6 Committees
- 7 Events
- 8 International Relations & Student Exchange Program
- 9 Partnerships
- 10 References
- 11 External links
IIM Kashipur is currently operational from a temporary campus located at Ganna Sansthan, Bazpur Road. Approximately 200 acres of land in the Escorts Farm area of Kashipur, Uttarakhand have been allocated by the Government of Uttarakhand for the institute's permanent campus. The 2016-18 batch is expected to be admitted to the new campus. Education Loan is available by different banks. Banks are providing on campus facility Bank like Union Bank of India, "value your dreams and aspirations" Union Bank Of India understands the importance of education in fulfilling your dreams, which is why we bring to you our ‘Special Education Loan Scheme’, designed for students at the most prestigious B-schools in India. Special features of bank's Special Education Loan for MBA students. Branch is nearby to Campus & very good past experiences it shares.
The institute is centered near one of the densest industrialized regions of the country with a belt of 180 industries in and around Kashipur. Scenic as well as religious destinations like Nainital, Bhimtal, Rishikesh, Haridwar are a drive away. The oldest and one of the busiest wildlife sanctuaries in India, Jim Corbett National Park is just over 30 km away from IIM Kashipur. It is now setting up a campus in Dehradun as well & is coming up with its first batch of EPGPM in Dehradun.
Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM)
The Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) is a two-year, regular, full-time residential programme. It is the flagship programme of IIM Kashipur. Admission to the PGP course of IIM Kashipur is conducted each year through the Common Admission Test (CAT). The PGP course consists of six trimesters spread over the two years. The first year has basic courses which lay the foundation of various management functions. Between the first and second years of courses, students are expected to go through an eight-week summer internship. The second year has elective courses which give students an opportunity to study their specific fields of interest.
The admissions for the first batch of students was completed through its mentor institute IIM Lucknow.
Two batches of students have completed the programme. The convocation ceremony of the first batch was attended by the honorable President of India, Shri. Pranab Mukherjee as the Chief Guest. The 2nd convocation took place on 29 March 2014 and had Mindtree co-founder and CEO, Mr. Subroto Bagchi as the Chief Guest.
Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGPM)
This is an intensive two-year post graduate program in management specially designed for mid/senior level professionals. This course requires candidates to have a minimum of two years of work experience after graduation. EPGPM provides an opportunity for middle and senior level executives to refresh and upgrade their managerial skills without interrupting their professional activities. The Institute seeks diversity of background and interests, from a wide range of corporations, public institutions and other professional fields. The selection is based on a valid GMAT/CAT score (previous two years) or marks obtained in EMAT (Executive Management Aptitude Test) conducted by IIM Kashipur and the performance of the short-listed candidates in the personal interview. The final merit list is prepared based on CAT/GMAT/EMAT Score, academic performance, work experience and personal interview. The first batch of EPGPM was inducted on 29 June 2013.
Executive Fellowship Programme in Management (EFPM)
IIM Kashipur’s Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EFPM) is a non-residential doctoral programme designed to address the academic and research needs of working professionals from business, government and social sector. Fellow programmes of IIMs are accorded equivalence to Ph.D by Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The objectives of the programme are to reduce the gap between management theory and practices through knowledge creation and dissemination in interdisciplinary areas of management; to encourage cutting edge research in diverse areas of management by addressing the contemporary and future problems and issues relevant to business, government and society and to develop expertise among prospective scholars for careers in management research and teaching and thereby address the shortage of high quality management faculty in the country.
The prospects for a student who has completed the EFPM degree may lie primarily in management teaching, research and consulting.
The total evaluation process for prospective candidates will involve 200 marks. The weightage for the written test part (either through IIM Kashipur administered Research Aptitude Test – RAT or through any of the standard tests like CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF, provided any of these standard tests has been taken within preceding two years period at the time of the application) and the personal interview part will be equal (100 marks each). For alumni of full-time two-year flagship PGP from IIMs, written test scores are not required.
The programme commenced on 12 July 2014.
IIM Kashipur also conducts a number of Management Development Programs.
Board of Governors
Dr. Gautam Sinha is the director of the institute. Dhruv M Sawhney, Chairman & Managing Director, Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd. is the Chairman of the board of governors for the institute.
- A Venkataraman
- Abhradeep Maiti
- Ashish Kumar
- Atulan Guha
- Debabrata Das
- Devjani Chatterjee
- Dilip Kumar
- Dwarika Prasad Uniyal
- Gautam Sinha
- K M Baharul Islam, (On leave) Fellow, Indian Institute of Advanced Study(2016-2018)
- K N Badhani
- Kampan Mukherjee
- Kumkum Bharti
- Kunal K. Ganguly
- Madhurima Deb
- Maitrayee Mukerji
- Mala Srivastava
- Mayank Sharma
- Mridul Maheshwari
- Nandita Roy
- Nitin Singh
- R K Padhy
- Rajat Sharma
- Rakesh Agrawal
- Sabyasachi Patra
- Safal Batra
- Smarak Samarjeet
- Somnath Chakrabarti
- Somnath Ghosh
- Vaibhav Bhamoriya
- Venkataraghavan K
- Vivek Kumar
Centers of Excellence
- Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Development
Setting up a Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Development is IIM Kashipur’s way of transferring at least some part of its learning, energy and effort to improve the management practices and delivery systems of institutions in the under-managed sector. The core belief underlying the formation of the Centre is that highly motivated people well versed with both management theory and practice can design and implement socially relevant and sustainable projects that can impact large number of lives. Mission of the Centre: (1) To stretch the frontiers of knowledge and practice through greenfield research and application (2) To contribute significantly to the understanding and practice of three constituent domains: environmental, economic and social sustainability. The Center is chaired by Prof Somnath Ghosh.
- Center of Excellence in Public Policy and Government
The Center of Excellence in Public Policy and Government is set up by the institute as platform to serve as a bridge between policymakers, government agencies, civil society, industry and academia by supporting scholarly research, public policy and administration training programs, and other capacity building activities at the intersection of government and society addressing some of the most important public policy and governance issues. It combines educational programs with current research, training and advisory services based on thematic public policy analyses. The Center hosts a diverse team on internal faculty as well as visiting scholars committed to interdisciplinary public policy research, teaching, and engagement addressing topics such as public administration, law, gender, environment, education, social engineering, migration, human rights, media, information society, conflict resolution, transitional justice, business and good governance. The Center is chaired by Prof K M Baharul Islam and it is implementing some major projects funded by the World Bank, Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India and ICSSR.
- Center of Excellence on Competitiveness
Center of Excellence on Competitiveness is dedicated to the study of competitiveness of businesses with emphasis on the theory and practice of competition, competition regulation and innovation for sustained economic development in an increasingly integrated world. The Center recognizes the competitiveness as a trans-disciplinary field encompassing economics, finance, strategy, law and business operations and social sciences. The CoEC aims to create and disseminate knowledge related to competitiveness, the dimensions of competitiveness and its inter-linkages with the structure, conduct and performance of firms in particular and its impact on society and national welfare in general. It also aims to act as catalyst in the distribution and application of the latest knowledge in the field by aiming to develop a network of think tanks, business executives, researchers, educationists, policy makers, corporate managers across business, government and non-governmental organizations and Institutions.
- Placement Committee
Placement Committee facilitates the placement of students both for summer internships and final placements. The institute was successful in achieving 100% placements for its students both in summer internships as well as final placements.
- The Student Council
As the apex student body, the Student Council integrates the academic and co-curricular spheres of students' lives, linking the out-of-class experience with the academic mission of the Institute and incorporating students' intellectual, public service and leadership interests with their future aspirations.
It integrates the activities of all the clubs and committees and acts as a liaison between them as well as between the students and the authorities.
- Corporate Relations Cell
The Corporate Relations Cell is the official link between IIM Kashipur and the corporate world. It facilitates interaction between the students and industry experts via guest lectures and seminars, with a view to keeping them abreast with the current goings-on in the corporate. It also helps students secure live projects in the huge industrial vicinity in and around Kashipur as well as to cities like Pantnagar, Rudrapur and Delhi.
- Media and Public Relations Committee
The Media and Public Relations Committee acts as a liaison between IIM Kashipur and the external world. The committee relays news about the various events and developments at IIM Kashipur to the external media- electronic, print and digital.
- Academic Committee
The Academic Committee is a vital link between the students and the faculty at IIM Kashipur. It conveys information regarding the various academic programmes to the students and puts across suggestions from the students to the faculty.
- Alumni Relations Committee
The Alumni Relations Committee helps connect the present students of IIM Kashipur with its alumni. The committee holds various meets where the alumni get an opportunity to interact with the students and share information and experiences with them.
- Sports Committee
The Sports Committee organizes various indoor and outdoor sporting as well as LAN gaming events for the students of IIM Kashipur and manages sports infrastructure . It also manages the institute's contingent during various inter-college sports events.
- Cultural Committee
The Cultural Committee organizes various cultural programmes as well as celebration of festivals in the campus. It manages the institute's contingent during inter-college cultural events.
- Infrastructure and IT Committee
The Infrastructure and IT Committee sees to the allocation and maintenance of infrastructural facilities in the hostel premises. It also ensures the regulation of a state-of-the-art WiFi network in the hostels.
- Mess Committee
The Mess Committee runs the mess facilities in the hostels. It manages everything from vendor selection, procurement, quality of the food and account-keeping. It holds an open house regularly to understand the food choices and preferences of the students.
- International Relations Committee
The International Relations Committee forms the backbone of the Student Exchange Programme. It acts as the main link between IIM Kashipur and the 'Exchange University'. The interests of both outgoing students as well as incoming students are taken care of by the Committee.The second leg of the Committee is dedicated towards increasing IIM Kashipur's network Portfolio of Colleges. Thirdly, IRC Student Body, along with the Faculty Body of IRC, coordinates and takes care of all International guests.
- Leadership Conclave
This is the flagship event of IIM Kashipur. The event aims at Industry-Academia Collaboration. The conclave sees CXOs and MDs of reputed organizations share their thoughts and experience with the students via keynote speeches and panel discussions.
This is the annual management festival of IIM Kashipur. It has students from elite B-schools from around the globe participating in various case study competitions, business plan competitions, financial trading competitions, quizzes etc.
This is a seminar on Supply Chain Excellence. Experts in supply chain management interact with students on various interesting topics like GST, green supply chain etc.
- Pelicula Sonora
Pelicula Sonora’14 the first ever PAN India Video Making Competition of IIM Kashipur was held in January 2014 under the banner of Marketing Club, IIM Kashiipur.This event witnessed participants from the topmost B-Schools of India including IIM Indore, IIM Raipur, MDI Gurgaon, FMS Delhi, IIT Delhi etc.
DigiGo is a digital marketing conference where experts share their thoughts on various trending topics and latest innovations in the field of digital management.
- Media Conclave
Understanding the growing relevance of media in business, the Media Conclave has renowned media persons from reputed media houses around the country conversing on different themes through keynote speeches and panel discussions.
SAMANVAYA is IIM Kashipur's annual HR conclave aimed at deliberation and resolution of contemporary HR issues and challenges in the country.Till now three editions have already been hosted. Samanvaya '14 was organized on the themes " Talent Analytic: Need of the hour " and " Re-Skilled HR " .
Manthan is IIM Kashipur's annual finance conclave. Manthan '11 saw many eminent dignitaries including Anand Sinha,deputy governor, Reserve Bank of India, discussing "Global economic crisis and its effect on India" theme of the event.
Alankar is held under the ambit of SPIC MACAY — IIM Kashipur Chapter. Alankar '12 witnessed perfect fusion of Indian classical music and dance courtesy a subtle Kathak performance by Ms. Monika Nayak.
- Kashipur Marathon
This is a run conducted by the students of IIM Kashipur each year for the safety and dignity of women. This event garners a lot of support and participation from the residents of Kashipur as well as from the students of nearby schools and colleges.
This is a cultural event organized by IIM Kashipur.
International Relations & Student Exchange Program
IIM Kashipur has established cooperative relations with École de management de Normandie (EM Normandie), Caen, Le Havre, Deauville, France as well as École supérieure pour le développement économique et social (ESDES) School of Business and Management, Lyon, France so as to further develop academic and cultural interchanges between the institutions through mutual assistance in the areas of education and research. The programme includes short-term exchange of students, exchange of faculty and development of joint research activities.
Three girl students from IIM Kashipur attended the annual Insight Dubai programme under the patronage of His Excellency Sheikh NahayanMabarak Al Nahayan, Youth and Community Development and Chancellor of the Higher Colleges of Technology -Dubai, Women's Campus, (HCT-Dubai). Sponsored by HSBC, the program brought together more than 160 Emirati and international students to discuss and exchange knowledge on women's issues.
Pratik Gaokar, a PGP student of IIM Kashipur represented the institute as a part of Youth Exchange Program in China. This delegation, selected by the Ministry of youth affairs had youth from different diverse background such as National Service Scheme (NSS), Nehru Yuva Kendra (NYK), AIMS, Sports, Journalists, National Youth Awardees, IITs, NITs, and IIMs.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed between Indian Institute of Management Kashipur and Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL) at IIM campus in Kashipur on 20th Dec, 2012 states that BECIL will assist the IIM to set up a FM Community Radio Station which will be first of its kind in any IIM in India. The MOU was signed by Prof Gautam Sinha, Director of IIM Kashipur and Sri Abhay Gupta, Deputy General manager of BECIL.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed between Indian Institute of Management Kashipur and Asian Institute of Technology Bangkok at AIT campus in Bangkok on 19th Jan, 2016 states that both IIM (Kashipur) and AIT will accept three exchange students beginning 2015-16. Both institutions will grant full credit transfer to the exchange students. The MOU was signed by Prof Gautam Sinha, Director of IIM Kashipur and Prof. Worsak Kanok-Nukulchai, AIT President.
- A memorandum of Understanding was signed between Indian Institute of Management Kashipur and National Stock Exchange of India to run the financial market and certificate courses, management development programmes (MDPs), joint research project, to name a few courses in financial markets.
- ICICIdirect Centre for Financial Learning (IIFL) entered into a strategic alliance with Indian Institute of Management-Kashipur (IIM-KP) to offer management development programmes and executive education. The MoU will create a Knowledge Partnership between IIM-KP and ICFL 
- "Proposed IIMs". The Times Of India. 29 March 2008.
- Nagar, Abhishek (2011-05-29). "Foundation stone of IIM Kashipur laid by Kapil Sibal". PTI. dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- "Executive Fellowship Programme in Management". Iimkashipur.ac.in. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "People Matters 2014 ranks IIM Kashipur as Emerging B-School". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "President Pranab Mukherjee to address 1st convocation of IIM Kashipur". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur Convocation 2014: 40 students received their PGDM degree". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "EPGPM at IIM Kashipur". Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "EFPM at IIM Kashipur". Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "MDP Programme 2014-15". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur: Dr. Gautam Sinha takes over as Director, IIM Kashipur; Draws roadmap for next 5 yrs". Mbauniverse.com. 2012-05-25. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Board of Governors | Indian Institute of Management Kashipur". Iimkashipur.ac.in. 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "International placements galore at IIM Kashipur". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur Final Placements 2014: Sales & Marketing rules the roost". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "International Relations Committee". irc.iimkashipur.ac.in. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "IIM Kashipur conducts leadership conclave on Industry Academia collaboration". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur organized 'NEEV', A Seminar on Supply Chain Excellence". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur conducts media conclave on growing relevance of media in business". MBAUniverse.com. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur holds finance summit on economic reforms". MBAUniverse.com. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Admin. "Welcome to IIM Kashipur".
- "IIM Kashipur partnership with EM Normandie". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur Girls Joins Insight Dubai International Program at Dubai". Coolavenues.com. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur represented in Youth Exchange Program in China". The IIM Kashipur Blog.
- "Community radio station to be set up at IIM Kashipur". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur Signs MOU with Asian Institute of Technology". Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "IIM Kashipur Signs MOU with National Stock Exchange of India". Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "ICICIdirect Centre for Financial Learning (IIFL) and IIM Kashipur knowledge sharing". Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "IIM, Kashipur's first Covocation, guest of honor being President of India". www.ndtv.com. 2013-03-17. Retrieved 2013-03-17.
- "Sibal lays foundation stone of IIM, Kashipur". News.webindia123.com. 2011-04-29. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "IIM Kashipur: Industry leaders discuss HR challenges at IIM Kashipur HR summit". Mbauniverse.com. 2012-08-29. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "IIM Kashipur successfully concludes Samanvaya 2012". CoolAvenues.com. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2012-09-09.