Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
|Motto||उन्नत भारतम् उद्दिश ग्यान प्रवछनम्|
Motto in English
|Imparting Knowledge to make a better India|
|Type||Public business school|
|Chairman||Dhruv M. Sahni|
|Location||Kashipur, Uttarakhand, India
|Campus||Urban, 200 acres (0.81 km2)|
The Indian Institute of Management Kashipur also known as IIM Kashipur, is a public business school located in Kashipur, Uttarakhand, India. It is one of the thirteen Indian Institutes of Management the government has set up during the Eleventh Five-Year Plan. The foundation stone was laid by the HRD Minister Kapil Sibal on 29 April 2011.
This autonomous institute offers a two-year Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM), a two-year Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGPM), a residential Fellowship Programme in Management (FPM) and a non-residential doctoral Executive Fellowship Programme in Management (EFPM).
- 1 Campus
- 2 Academic programs
- 3 Ranking
- 4 Board of Governors
- 5 Notable faculty
- 6 Centers of Excellence
- 7 Events
- 8 International Relations & Student Exchange Program
- 9 Partnerships
- 10 References
- 11 External links
Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM)
The Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGPM) is a two-year, regular, full-time residential programme. It is the flagship programme of IIM Kashipur. Admission to the PGP course of IIM Kashipur is conducted each year through the Common Admission Test (CAT). The PGP course consists of six trimesters spread over the two years. The first year has basic courses which lay the foundation of various management functions. Between the first and second years of courses, students are expected to go through an eight-week summer internship. The second year has elective courses which give students an opportunity to study their specific fields of interest.
The convocation ceremony of the first batch was attended by the honorable President of India, Shri. Pranab Mukherjee as the Chief Guest. The 2nd convocation took place on 29 March 2014 and had Mindtree co-founder and CEO, Mr. Subroto Bagchi as the Chief Guest.
Executive Post Graduate Programme in Management (EPGPM)
This is an intensive two-year post graduate program in management specially designed for mid/senior level professionals. This course requires candidates to have a minimum of two years of work experience after graduation. EPGPM provides an opportunity for middle and senior level executives to refresh and upgrade their managerial skills without interrupting their professional activities. The Institute seeks diversity of background and interests, from a wide range of corporations, public institutions and other professional fields. The selection is based on a valid GMAT/CAT score (previous two years) or marks obtained in EMAT (Executive Management Aptitude Test) conducted by IIM Kashipur and the performance of the short-listed candidates in the personal interview. The final merit list is prepared based on CAT/GMAT/EMAT Score, academic performance, work experience and personal interview. The first batch of EPGPM was inducted on 29 June 2013.
Executive Fellowship Programme in Management (EFPM)
IIM Kashipur’s Executive Fellow Programme in Management (EFPM) is a non-residential doctoral programme designed to address the academic and research needs of working professionals from business, government and social sector. Fellow programmes of IIMs are accorded equivalence to Ph.D by Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The objectives of the programme are to reduce the gap between management theory and practices through knowledge creation and dissemination in interdisciplinary areas of management; to encourage cutting edge research in diverse areas of management by addressing the contemporary and future problems and issues relevant to business, government and society and to develop expertise among prospective scholars for careers in management research and teaching and thereby address the shortage of high quality management faculty in the country.
The prospects for a student who has completed the EFPM degree may lie primarily in management teaching, research and consulting.
The total evaluation process for prospective candidates will involve 200 marks. The weightage for the written test part (either through IIM Kashipur administered Research Aptitude Test – RAT or through any of the standard tests like CAT/GMAT/GRE/GATE/UGC-JRF, provided any of these standard tests has been taken within preceding two years period at the time of the application) and the personal interview part will be equal (100 marks each). For alumni of full-time two-year flagship PGP from IIMs, written test scores are not required.
The programme commenced on 12 July 2014.
IIM Kashipur also conducts a number of Management Development Programs.
Fellow Programme in Management [FPM]
IIM Kashipur has started its Fellow Programme in Management in the year 2015 with the admission of two students in the Programme. There are currently 12 students in the Fellow Programme in various areas such as Finance, Operations, Marketing, Human Resource, Strategy & Public Policy.
|Business – India|
Board of Governors
Dr. Gautam Sinha is the director of the institute. Dhruv M Sawhney, Chairman & Managing Director, Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd. is the Chairman of the board of governors for the institute.
Centers of Excellence
|This section does not cite any sources. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Sustainable Development
Setting up a Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Development is IIM Kashipur’s way of transferring at least some part of its learning, energy and effort to improve the management practices and delivery systems of institutions in the under-managed sector. The core belief underlying the formation of the Centre is that highly motivated people well versed with both management theory and practice can design and implement socially relevant and sustainable projects that can impact large number of lives. Mission of the Centre: (1) To stretch the frontiers of knowledge and practice through greenfield research and application (2) To contribute significantly to the understanding and practice of three constituent domains: environmental, economic and social sustainability. The Center is chaired by Prof Somnath Ghosh.
- Public Policy and Government
The Center of Excellence in Public Policy and Government is set up by the institute as platform to serve as a bridge between policymakers, government agencies, civil society, industry and academia by supporting scholarly research, public policy and administration training programs, and other capacity building activities at the intersection of government and society addressing some of the most important public policy and governance issues. It combines educational programs with current research, training and advisory services based on thematic public policy analyses. The Center hosts a diverse team on internal faculty as well as visiting scholars committed to interdisciplinary public policy research, teaching, and engagement addressing topics such as public administration, law, gender, environment, education, social engineering, migration, human rights, media, information society, conflict resolution, transitional justice, business and good governance. The Center is chaired by Prof K M Baharul Islam and it is implementing some major projects funded by the World Bank, Ministry of Law and Justice, Government of India and ICSSR.
Center of Excellence on Competitiveness is dedicated to the study of competitiveness of businesses with emphasis on the theory and practice of competition, competition regulation and innovation for sustained economic development in an increasingly integrated world. The Center recognizes the competitiveness as a trans-disciplinary field encompassing economics, finance, strategy, law and business operations and social sciences. The CoEC aims to create and disseminate knowledge related to competitiveness, the dimensions of competitiveness and its inter-linkages with the structure, conduct and performance of firms in particular and its impact on society and national welfare in general. It also aims to act as catalyst in the distribution and application of the latest knowledge in the field by aiming to develop a network of think tanks, business executives, researchers, educationists, policy makers, corporate managers across business, government and non-governmental organizations and Institutions.
Lean Cell is an Initiative by the Decision Sciences Department of IIM Kashipur through which the department engages with about 50 Small, Medium & Large Scale Industries to improve their quality and productivity through Lean Initiatives.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
This is the annual flagship business conclave of IIM Kashipur. The event aims at Industry-Academia Collaboration and covering the domains like HR,Operations, Finance, Marketing, and Consulting. The conclave sees CXOs and MDs of reputed organizations share their thoughts and experience with the students via keynote speeches and panel discussions. 
This is the annual management festival of IIM Kashipur. It has students from elite B-schools from around the globe participating in various case study competitions, business plan competitions, financial trading competitions, quizzes etc.
Alankar is held under the ambit of SPIC MACAY — IIM Kashipur Chapter. Alankar '12 witnessed perfect fusion of Indian classical music and dance courtesy a subtle Kathak performance by Ms. Monika Nayak.
- Kashipur Marathon
This is a run conducted by the students of IIM Kashipur each year for the safety and dignity of women. This event garners a lot of support and participation from the residents of Kashipur as well as from the students of nearby schools and colleges.
This is an annual intra-institute cultural event of IIM Kashipur organized by the Cultural Committee with all sections of the Institute battling against each other for the Winners Cup. The event spans over a whole week with the participating sections fighting against each other in various cultural events. The individual sections promote the event with the ‘war cry’ of their own running on various social media websites like YouTube and challenging the other sections. Fashion Show, Dance War, Dramatics, Singing competition and many other events are a part of this college fest.
IIM Kashipur invites various accomplished and eminent personalities to share their experiences with the students. IIM Kashipur has had three editions of TEDx, mainly focusing on how ideas of individuals have changed the world around them. The event is organized every year during the month of December. The third edition of TEDxIIMKashipur was based on the theme 'Breaking Barriers'. The lectures were delivered by Mr.Sonal Dabral, Mr. Syed Nazakat, Mr. Risabh Gupta, Mrs. (Dr.) Seema Rao, Ms. Ira Singhal, Mr. Rajnish Jain, Mrs. Thinlas Chorol and Ms. Anam Hashim.
International Relations & Student Exchange Program
IIM Kashipur has established cooperative relations with École de management de Normandie (EM Normandie), Caen, Le Havre, Deauville, France as well as École supérieure pour le développement économique et social (ESDES) School of Business and Management, Lyon, France so as to further develop academic and cultural interchanges between the institutions through mutual assistance in the areas of education and research. The programme includes short-term exchange of students, exchange of faculty and development of joint research activities.
Three girl students from IIM Kashipur attended the annual Insight Dubai programme under the patronage of His Excellency Sheikh NahayanMabarak Al Nahayan, Youth and Community Development and Chancellor of the Higher Colleges of Technology -Dubai, Women's Campus, (HCT-Dubai). Sponsored by HSBC, the program brought together more than 160 Emirati and international students to discuss and exchange knowledge on women's issues.
Pratik Gaokar, a PGP student of IIM Kashipur represented the institute as a part of Youth Exchange Program in China. This delegation, selected by the Ministry of youth affairs had youth from different diverse background such as National Service Scheme (NSS), Nehru Yuva Kendra (NYK), AIMS, Sports, Journalists, National Youth Awardees, IITs, NITs, and IIMs.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed between Indian Institute of Management Kashipur and Broadcast Engineering Consultants India Limited (BECIL) at IIM campus in Kashipur on 20th Dec, 2012 states that BECIL will assist the IIM to set up a FM Community Radio Station which will be first of its kind in any IIM in India. The MOU was signed by Prof Gautam Sinha, Director of IIM Kashipur and Sri Abhay Gupta, Deputy General manager of BECIL.
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) signed between Indian Institute of Management Kashipur and Asian Institute of Technology Bangkok at AIT campus in Bangkok on 19th Jan, 2016 states that both IIM (Kashipur) and AIT will accept three exchange students beginning 2015–16. Both institutions will grant full credit transfer to the exchange students. The MOU was signed by Prof Gautam Sinha, Director of IIM Kashipur and Prof. Worsak Kanok-Nukulchai, AIT President.
- A memorandum of Understanding was signed between Indian Institute of Management Kashipur and National Stock Exchange of India to run the financial market and certificate courses, management development programmes (MDPs), joint research project, to name a few courses in financial markets.
- ICICIdirect Centre for Financial Learning (IIFL) entered into a strategic alliance with Indian Institute of Management-Kashipur (IIM-KP) to offer management development programmes and executive education. The MoU will create a Knowledge Partnership between IIM-KP and ICFL 
- "Proposed IIMs". The Times Of India. 29 March 2008.
- Nagar, Abhishek (2011-05-29). "Foundation stone of IIM Kashipur laid by Kapil Sibal". PTI. dnaindia.com. Retrieved 2011-05-29.
- "Executive Fellowship Programme in Management". Iimkashipur.ac.in. Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "Maps & Directions". www.iimkashipur.ac.in. IIM Kashipur. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- Balasubramanyam, K.R.; Sharma, E. Kumar; J., Anand (28 October 2012). "How B-schools in isolated areas are battling odds- Business News". Business Today. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- "President Pranab Mukherjee to address 1st convocation of IIM Kashipur". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur Convocation 2014: 40 students received their PGDM degree". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "EPGPM at IIM Kashipur". Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "EFPM at IIM Kashipur". Retrieved 2014-04-13.
- "MDP Programme 2014–15". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "National Institutional Ranking Framework 2017 (Management)". National Institutional Ranking Framework. Ministry of Human Resource Development. 2017. Retrieved 18 June 2017.
- "Top MBA Colleges in India 2017". Careers360. 2017.
- "IIM Kashipur: Dr. Gautam Sinha takes over as Director, IIM Kashipur; Draws roadmap for next 5 yrs". Mbauniverse.com. 2012-05-25. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "Board of Governors | Indian Institute of Management Kashipur". Iimkashipur.ac.in. 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2012-09-12.
- "IIM Kashipur conducts leadership conclave on Industry-Academia collaboration". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- Admin. "Welcome to IIM Kashipur".
- "IIM Kashipur partnership with EM Normandie". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur Girls Joins Insight Dubai International Program at Dubai". Coolavenues.com. Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur represented in Youth Exchange Program in China". The IIM Kashipur Blog.
- "Community radio station to be set up at IIM Kashipur". Retrieved 2014-04-18.
- "IIM Kashipur Signs MOU with Asian Institute of Technology". Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "IIM Kashipur Signs MOU with National Stock Exchange of India". Retrieved 2016-06-02.
- "ICICIdirect Centre for Financial Learning (IIFL) and IIM Kashipur knowledge sharing". Retrieved 2016-06-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Indian Institute of Management Kashipur.|