Indian Institute of Mass Communication
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Chairman||Shri Ajay Mittal, IAS|
|Director||Shri K.G. Suresh|
|Location||Campuses: Jammu, Amravati, Kottayam, Dhenkanal, Aizawl|
Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) is an Indian media centre of learning funded and promoted by the Government of India in New Delhi. The IIMC is an autonomous society under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. The then Minister Incharge of Information and Broadcasting, Indira Gandhi had formally inaugurated the institute on 17 August 1965. The institute has five regional centres at Aizawl (Mizoram), Amravati (Maharashtra), Dhenkanal (Odisha), Jammu (J&K) and Kottayam (Kerala).
IIMC teaches a variety of disciplines including print journalism, photo journalism, radio journalism, television journalism, development communication, communication research, advertising and public relations.
Admissions to these courses are consisting All India Entrance Examination followed by Group Discussions and Interview.
It also offers Diploma Course in Development Journalism for non-aligned and developing countries. The institute was basically set up to provide training to the officers of the Indian Information Service. The institute also conducts each year a number of specialised short-term courses to meet the training needs of media personnel working in government and public sector organisations.
- Aishwarya Rutuparna Pradhan, India's first openly transgender civil servant.
- Anshu Gupta, Social Worker, and founder of Goonj (NGO)
- Arun Krishnamurthy, Social Worker, and founder of Environmental Foundation of India
- Chitra Subramaniam, known for breaking the infamous Bofors scandal
- David Devadas, journalist, writer and columnist
- Deepak Chaurasia, Editor-in-chief India News
- Sudhir Chaudhary, Editor in chief, Zee News
- Hasleen Kaur, Actress, model and Miss India Earth 2011
- Neelesh Misra, author, journalist and Bollywood lyricist
- Nidhi Razdan, anchor of NDTV 24x7
- Niret Alva, TV producer, co-founder Miditech
- Radhe Krishan, Assistant Professor at Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies
- Ravish Kumar, senior executive editor in NDTV India
- Rini Simon Khanna, news anchor
- Sonal Kalra, Editor, HT City
- Sourav Mishra, journalist, livelihood interventionist, researcher
- Sunetra Choudhury, journalist, and anchor of NDTV 24x7
- Vartika Nanda, Head of the Department of Journalism at Lady Shri Ram College for Women
- Vivek Agnihotri, Indian film director
- Željko Malnar, Croatian maverick traveler, writer and TV producer
- Zafar Anjum, Noted Writer, Journalist, Publisher & Filmmaker
- Outlook: ranking
- "Mint: ranking". Livemint.com. 2008-06-12. Retrieved 2012-10-05.
- I&B profile
- "Top mass communication colleges: Dethroned IIMC fights back". Mint. June 23, 2009.
- "Launch Pad/ Ready to rock". The Indian Express. 2014-01-22. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "Manthan Award South Asia Grand Jury 2010 Profile: Rini Simon Khanna". Manthan Award. 2010. Archived from the original on 17 October 2012.
- "IIMC student injured in Mumbai attacks". Iimcaa.blogspot.com. 2008-11-27. Retrieved 2012-10-05.
- "FTII doesn't deserve the government's stepmotherly treatment". Daily News and Analysis. June 24, 2015.