Indian Institute of Rural Management
The Society for Indian Institute of Rural Management (SIIRM) is a registered, non government, non-profit, autonomous institution, engaged in research, training and consultations in management and rural development in the country. Since its establishment in 1988, SIIRM has undertaken management research and consultancy projects for, and on behalf of, the Central and State Governments, Corporate Houses, International and Bilateral agencies such as UNICEF, UNFPA, World Health Organization, World Bank (IBRD), World Food Programme, Oxfam USA, etc.
Institute of Rural Management Jaipur (IRM), established, owned and led by SIIRM and affiliated to AICTE, is an institution and a research-led B-school. Launched in 1994, it is involved in management education, training and research in the country. Apart from management education, it is partnering Government and Corporate houses in their developmental initiatives.
The Institute of Rural Management is promoted by CANGANS a Secular Christian Family from South India. The NGO wing which implements operational projects, the Research & Training wing which undertakes management research and organizes training programmes and MDPs and the Educational wing consisting of the Faculty of Management Studies offering PGDM and PGDM-RM programmes.
IRM is a premier institute in the field of Rural Management and is the pioneer institute in Northern India offering specialization in Rural Management & Rural Marketing. It is nationally recognized as a Centre of Excellence, Training, Research & Education. The Institute organizes numerous research studies sponsored by Central/State Governments. The Course-curriculum at IRM is tailor designed to meet the industry requirements, thus contributing to an exceptional placement record.
The Institute has three campuses located in Jaipur, Phagi and Jodhpur. The city campus at Jaipur houses the Central Office and the Faculty of Management Studies. It is a state of the art infrastructure located in Mansarovar in Jaipur City. The rural campus in Phagi is a modern complex, located in over 10 acres of land, just 38 km away from the city campus. The erstwhile Jodhpur campus of FMS-IRM, now known as Institute of Rural Management, Jodhpur, is an independent unit, offering PGDBM programme, affiliated to AICTE. It is located within the periphery of Jodhpur city.
The overall administration of the entire network of SIIRM is overseen by a Board of Management. The office of the President of SIIRM is located at the City Campus. There is a separate Governing Council consisting of academia and corporate leaders to advice the Board of Management.
The institute is offering Post Graduate Diploma programme in Management (PGDM) with specialization in Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management, Rural Marketing and International Business and a Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Rural Management (PGDM-RM) with specialization in Agri-Business Management, Rural Banking and Finance and Finance Management.
• Ranked 1st among Top B-Schools of Rajasthan – ICMR-GMRCO 2014
• Ranked 1st among Top B-Schools of Rajasthan – CSR 2014
• Ranked A++ among best B- Schools of India – Business India 2014
• Ranked AAA among Best B-Schools of Rajasthan – Careers 360 2015
• Ranked A2 among Top B-Schools of North India – Indian Management 2014
• Ranked A3 among Top B-Schools of India – Indian Management 2014
• Ranked 6th among Top B-Schools of Excellence in India – CSR 2014
• Ranked 15th among India’s B-Schools Placement Rankings – Go-Getter 2014
• Ranked 17th among Best B-Schools of India (North) – The Week 2014
• Ranked 25th among India’s Top B-School Brands – Business Barons 2014
• Ranked 56th among India’s Best B-Schools – Outlook 2014
• Ranked 62nd among Best B- Schools of India – Business Today 2014