Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati (IIT Tirupati) is an autonomous engineering and technology education institute located in Tirupati. It started functioning from 5 August 2015 in a temporary campus housed at Krishna Theja Educational Institutions in Chadalawada Nagar.
Till 2016 a Director was appointed by MHRD for IIT Tirupati, the Director of IIT Madras, Dr. Bhaskar Ramamurthi was the Mentor Director. In 2017, Dr. K. N. Satyanarayana was appointed as director for IIT Tirupati.
IIT-Tirupati was initially functioned out of the campus of Chadalawada Group of Institutes in Tirupati, while the permanent building is coming up near Yerpedu located between Renigunta and Srikalahasti. The hostel facility for boys has been arranged at Transit Campus(30 acres), Yerpedu, which is to be coming up as the permanent campus, whereas girls can avail the facility at the temporary campus itself. The land acquisition for the permanent campus is already completed and transit campus has been already constructed which consists of the Classroom Complex, computer lab., Ground and health center.
IIT Tirupati offers a 4-year Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) along with 2-years Master of Science (M. Sc) Master of Science (M.S. ( by Research) ), Master of Technology (M.Tech - started in 2018) & Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes in several engineering, science and humanities fields . The academics of IIT Tirupati have been divided in two parts i.e. curriculum and courses. Admission to the B.Tech programme is through the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE-Advanced) and students are admitted after completing 10+2 schooling. Admission to the M.Tech/MSc/Ph.D programmes is through Graduate Aptitute Test in Engineering (GATE) - for M.Tech/Ph.D , Joint Admission Test for MSc (JAM).
The institute flagged its beginning with the following 4 departments .
- Chemical Engineering (Started from Aug. 2018)
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Based on the performance, each student is awarded a final letter grade at the end of the semester, in each subject. The letter grades and the corresponding grade points are as follows:
|W||0||Failure due to insufficient attendance in course|
|I||0||Incomplete (subsequently to be changed into pass (E to S) or U grade in the same semester)|
|X||0||Completed NSO/NCC/NSS requirements|
|Y||0||Incomplete (in NSO/NCC/NSS)|
- "IITTirupati - Board of Governors". iittp.ac.in. Archived from the original on 27 November 2018. Retrieved 20 February 2020.
- "IIT Tirupati all set to begin classes from Aug. 5". The Hindu. 26 June 2015. Archived from the original on 4 December 2017. Retrieved 7 July 2018.
- "IIT Madras Mentors Two New IITs – IIT Palakkad and IIT Tirupati". Archived from the original on 29 June 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "IITs in Tirupati, Palakkad now Open for Intake". Archived from the original on 6 July 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- "Academics at IIT Tirupati". CollegeSearch.in.
- "Tirupati and Palakkad IITs ready to roll from August". Archived from the original on 2 July 2015. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to IIT Tirupati.|