Indian Paintbrush Book Award
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Indian Paintbrush Book Award is an award given annually to books nominated and voted on by children in the fourth, fifth, and sixth grades in Wyoming. The award was first given in 1986. The award is sponsored by the Wyoming Library Association and the Wyoming State Reading Council.
The criteria for the award are:
- The book may be fiction or nonfiction
- The book must have been published within the past two years and must still be in print
- Any student may nominate a book
- No book may be nominated two consecutive years
- No book by a winning author may appear on the following year's list
- 1986 Naya Nuki: The Girl Who Ran, by Kenneth Thomasma
- 1987 Hot and Cold Summer, by Johanna Hurwitz
- 1988 The Dollhouse Murders, by Betty Ren Wright
- 1989 The Return of the Indian, by Lynne Reid Banks
- 1990 There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom, by Louis Sachar
- 1991 Matilda, by Roald Dahl
- 1992 Maniac Magee, by Jerry Spinelli
- 1993 Pathki Nana: Kootenai Girl Solves a Mystery, by Kenneth Thomasma
- 1994 Shiloh, by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- 1995 Rescue Josh McGuire, by Ben Mikaelsen
- 1996 Moho Wat: A Sheepeater Boy Attempts a Rescue, by Kenneth Thomasma
- 1997 Watchdog and Coyotes, by Bill Wallace
- 1998 Crash, by Jerry Spinelli
- 1999 Saving Shiloh, by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
- 2000 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, by J.K. Rowling
- 2001 Holes, by Louis Sachar
- 2002 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, by J.K. Rowling
- 2003 Among the Hidden, by Margaret Peterson Haddix
- 2004 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, by J.K. Rowling
- 2005 The Tale of Despereaux, by Kate DiCamillo
- 2006 No Dogs Allowed!, by Bill Wallace
- 2007 Dragon Rider, by Cornelia Funke
- 2008 The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane, by Kate DiCamillo
- 2009 Diary of a Wimpy Kid, by Jeff Kinney
- 2010 Deep and Dark and Dangerous, by Mary Downing Hahn
- 2011 The Candy Shop War, by Brandon Mull
- 2012 The Red Pyramid, by Rick Riordan
- 2013 Saving Zasha, by Randi G. Barrow
- 2014 Wonder, by R. J. Palacio
- "Indian Paintbrush Book Award Book Lists". Wyoming Library Association. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- "Indian Paintbrush Book Award Home Page". Campbell County Public Library. Archived from the original on October 16, 2011.
- "Directory of Children's Literature and Book Awards: State and Regional Programs" (PDF). The Reading Tub, Inc. Dec 2007. p. 9. Retrieved 2014-05-02.
- Harold Underdown (Jan 2014). "Award-Winning Children's Books". Underdown. Retrieved 2014-05-02.[page needed]
- "Indian Paintbrush Book Award". Indian Paintbrush Book Award Committee. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03.
- "List of Winners" (PDF). Campbell County Public Library. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 21, 2012.