Indian Railway Institute of Electrical Engineering
Indian Railways has set up this Institute at Nashik for imparting training to newly appointed officers of Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers (IRSEE), recruited through Engineering Services Examination conducted by UPSC, New Delhi. The Institute was set up in the year 1988 at Nashik, Maharashtra. The Institute is headed by the Director. He is assisted by a team of Nine faculty members, who are having practical experience as well as technical qualifications.
As laid down by the Railway Board, the Institute imparts training as a statutory measure to:
- IRSEE Probationers.
- Integrated orientation course for Group-B Officers in all aspects of the working of Electrical Department before their absorption in Group-A services.
- Senior Professional Development Course for Junior Administrative Grade officers prior to their being considered for promotion to Selection Grade.
In addition the above, short-term special courses are also being conducted throughout the year on specialized subjects with the latest technical know-how and as requests received from zonal railways.
The IRIEEN is one of six Centralised Training Institutes that share the task of training of officers. The other Centralised Training Institutes are:
- Indian Railway Institute of Civil Engineering, Pune for civil engineers,
- Indian Railway Institute of Signal and Telecommunications Engineering, Secunderabad for engineers of S&T department,
- Indian Railway Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering & Jamalpur Gymkhana, Jamalpur for mechanical engineers
- RPF Academy Lucknow, for officers of Railway Protection Force and
- Railway Staff College, Vadodara functions as the apex training institute for the officers of all departments in general and Accounts, Personnel, Stores, Traffic and Medical departments in particular.
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Indian rail transport related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|