Indian Wells, Arizona
|Indian Wells, Arizona|
Location of Indian Wells in Navajo County, Arizona.
|• Total||10.40 sq mi (26.93 km2)|
|• Land||10.40 sq mi (26.93 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|• Estimate (2016)||N/A|
|Time zone||Mountain (MST) (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||22470|
Indian Wells (Navajo: Tó Hahadleeh) is an unincorporated community in Navajo County, Arizona, United States. Indian Wells Elementary School is located in the town, it serves 600 students. It is also the name of the local Navajo chapter of the Navajo Nation Council. Indian Wells is served by a post office with the ZIP code of 86031; the ZCTA for ZIP Code 86031 had a population of 2,445 at the 2000 census.
Indian Wells is located at (35.4055684, -110.0848452).
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2000, there were 2,445 people, 633 households, and 508 families residing in the ZCTA. There were 1,067 housing units. The racial makeup of the ZCTA was 1.3% White, 0.1% African American, 97.5% Native American, 0.04% from other races, and 1.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.9% of the population.
There were 633 households out of which 54.3% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 49.6% were married couples living together, 24.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 19.7% were non-families. 18.8% of all households were made up of individuals and 6.8% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.86 and the average family size was 4.49.
In the ZCTA the population was spread out with 25.7% under the age of 18, 9.2% from 18 to 24, 25.8% from 25 to 44, 14.6% from 45 to 64, and 12.4% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 26.3 years. For every 100 females, there were 94.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 98.8 males.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 18, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Indian Wells, Arizona". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Zip Code Lookup
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Climate Summary for Indian Wells, Arizona
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.