Indian cricket team in Bangladesh in 2000–01
|Indian cricket team in Bangladesh in 2000–01|
|Dates||10 November – 13 November 2000|
|Captains||Naimur Rahman||Sourav Ganguly|
|Result||India won the 1-match series 1–0|
|Most runs||Aminul Islam (151)||Sunil Joshi (92)|
|Most wickets||Naimur Rahman (6)||Sunil Joshi (8)|
The Indian national cricket team visited Bangladesh in November 2000 to take part in the inaugural Test match played by the Bangladesh national cricket team, which India won by nine wickets. The tour consisted of the one-off Test match only. Bangladesh's Aminul Islam became the third batsman to make a century in their country's inaugural Test.
|Bangladesh Test||India Test|
10–13 November 2000
- Bangladesh won the toss and elected to bat.
- Akram Khan, Al Sahariar, Aminul Islam Bulbul, Habibul Bashar, Khaled Mashud, Mehrab Hossain, Mohammad Rafique, Naimur Rahman, Ranjan Das, Hasibul Hossain and Shahriar Hossain made their Test debuts for Bangladesh.
- Shiv Sunder Das, Saba Karim and Zaheer Khan made their debuts for India.
- Aminul Islam Bulbul became third cricketer in history to score a century on his country's inaugural test.
- Partab Ramchand. "Sunil Joshi - an unlikely hero". India Today. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Liton Das in squad for one-off Test in India". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Mohammad Isam. "When Bangladesh strode onto the Test stage". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "India in Bangladesh 2000–01". CricketArchive. Retrieved 10 June 2014.
- "Hadlee's slow start". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- Rajneesh Gupta. "One-off Test, India v Bangladesh, Statistical Highlights". India Today. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- Shashank Kishore. "The many hats of Aminul Islam, Bangladesh's first Test centurion". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
|This article on an international cricket tour of Bangladesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|