Indiana Bible College
Indiana Bible College (IBC) is a Bible college endorsed by the United Pentecostal Church International (UPCI). It was originally founded in 1981 by Rev. Dennis Croucher of Seymour, Indiana, before relocating to Indianapolis in 1988 under the direction and sponsorship of Rev. Paul D. Mooney and Calvary Tabernacle of Indianapolis, Indiana. Its current campus is located at 1502 East Sumner Avenue – the site of the former University Heights Hospital, one half mile north of the University of Indianapolis in University Heights.
Established with a strong religious foundation, Indiana Bible College is known for its emphasis on preparing students for careers in professional ministry, Christian education, or counseling. The college offers Associate of Arts and Bachelor of Arts programs in Biblical Studies and Music with academic minors in Religious Education, International Studies, Social Science, Theology, Communications and Media, and Music. Indiana Bible College provides leadership across the United Pentecostal Church International, both in music and theology. All degrees that are offered have not been accredited by any higher accreditation agencies. However, IBC credits and degrees routinely transfer to Institutions of Higher Learning, and several students have successfully used IBC degrees to obtain accredited Masters degrees and Doctorates from around the country in various fields, though not in every case. The accredited Seminary for the UPCI accepts degrees from IBC, because their accrediting agency considers IBC equivalent to an accredited Institution. For the past several years, IBC has been the largest UPCI Bible College. It currently offers on-site courses, night classes, a large External Studies program, and Spanish IBC, at the main Campus, for those speaking Spanish.
The Music Department has several groups that travel extensively ministering throughout the country. IBC Praise is a premier group, ministering before crowds of upwards of 18,000 people. IBC Chorale, Singers, Anthem, among others travel across North America. Smaller MSA groups, sometimes numbering several per weekend, also minister in various places, with a preaching contingent also.
The International Studies Department has just expanded as of Fall 2015, and now boasts 2 long time Missionaries in Robert K. Rodenbush and William Turner as integral parts of the Dept.
Perspectives Magazine is the official magazine of IBC. It has a readership of about 20,000 per issue, making it the largest circulated Apostolic periodical in North America.
The Staff at IBC has a strong blend of Ministerial Experience, along with Academic Credentials. Jim Sleeva has been a Missionary, soul winner, Prison Chaplain, Youth Counselor, and Bible College Instructor for many years. The Executive Vice President, Robert L. Rodenbush holds a Masters and Doctorate of Law from Washington University. The Dean of Music, Lindel Anderson holds a PhD in Worship Studies. Tim Massengale, and the Dean of Theology Bob Killmon have MDivs, and Jaye Rodenbush has a Masters in Higher Education. Others are noted in their field, including Dave Brown and Tim Pedigo. President Paul Mooney is a sought after International Speaker, writes an influential article for Perspectives monthly, has had a long running radio program, and is long time Pastor of Calvary Tabernacle, one of the largest Pentecostal Churches in North America. Calvary's weekly Services are streamed around the world, with Pastor Mooney as the primary speaker.
Innovation, with a passion for Truth and Excellence, have long been hallmarks of IBC.
The Library consists of around 20,000 volumes. A broad range of scholarly and practical periodicals are also accessible to students. A rare book room contains many volumes for special areas of study and learning.
- 1993- Power of God (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 1995- Keep on Movin' (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 1997- This House I'm Building (IBC PRAISE)**
- 1997- Glory and Honor (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 1999- Song, Hymns and Spiritual Songs Vol. 1* (Studio Recording)
- 1999- The Time is Near (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 2000- Praise at All Times (IBC PRAISE)**
- 2002- Testimony (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 2003- Songs, Hymns and Spiritual Songs Vol 2** (IBC Praise) (Recorded Live at Mid-American Revival Conference 2003)
- 2004- To The Truth (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 2005- Hold On (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 2006- True Praise (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 2007- He Knows (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 2008- Day of Salvation (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 2009- Changing Times (IBC Choir and Chorale)**
- 2010- Come Home (IBC Choir and Chorale And Praise)**
- 2011- Your Name (IBC Choir, Chorale, and Praise)**
- 2012- Anthem To Our God (IBC Choir, Chorale, and Praise)**
- 2013- Make A Change (IBC Praise Recorded Live at the JW Marriott in Downtown Indianapolis at the ALJC Youth Convention)
- 2013- Persuaded (IBC Choir, Chorale, and Praise)**
- 2014- Not Ashamed (IBC Choir, Chorale, and Praise)**
- 2015- He's Able (IBC Choir, Chorale, and Praise)**
** means Recorded Live At Calvary Tabernacle In Indianapolis, Indiana in The years released.
|This seminary-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|