Indiana State Road 225
|Maintained by INDOT|
|Length:||3.968 mi (6.386 km)|
|South end:||Old SR 25|
|North end:||SR 43|
State Road 225 is a 4-mile (6.4 km) highway that connects State Road 43 at its west end with the State Road 25 at its east end. The highway passes through the town of Battle Ground, Indiana. The highway passes a service entrance to Prophetstown State Park.
The most distinctive feature of this highway is the Jewettsport Ford Bridge  over the Wabash River. The bridge is a one-lane truss bridge erected in 1912 and rehabilitated in 1989. In order to control the flow of traffic across the bridge, there is a traffic light at either end.
SR 225 at its southeastern end lies on low-lying land, which floods occasionally. When the Wabash level reaches 16 feet, the fields near SR 225 are flooded, and SR 225 itself is flooded when the Wabash reaches 17 feet or higher. The section of SR 225 between old SR 25 and Battle Ground is closed when flooded.
The entire route is in Tippecanoe County.
|Washington Township||0.000||0.000||Old SR 25||Southern terminus|
|Tippecanoe Township||3.968||6.386||SR 43 – Lafayette, Reynolds||Northern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Indiana Department of Transportation (July 2015). Reference Post Book (PDF). Indianapolis: Indiana Department of Transportation. Retrieved July 6, 2016.
- "Bridgehunter.com | Jewettsport Ford Bridge". bridgehunter.com. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "UglyBridges.com | Tippecanoe County, Indiana". uglybridges.com. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "National Weather Service Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service | Wabash river levels. Flood levels are described. Pictures are linked from the page". water.weather.gov. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Image: SR225_US.JPG, (1024 × 768 px)". water.weather.gov. 2008-12-29. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Image: bridge_SR2251230_3_11_09.jpg, (800 × 600 px)". water.weather.gov. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
- "Image: SR225.JPG, (1024 × 768 px)". water.weather.gov. 2008-12-29. Retrieved 2015-10-10.
|This Indiana road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|