Indiana State Road 267
|Maintained by INDOT|
|Length:||28.72 mi (46.22 km)|
|South end:||SR 42 at Mooresville|
|North end:||I-65 / US 52 near Whitestown|
|Counties:||Boone, Hendricks, Morgan|
State Road 267 in the U.S. state of Indiana north–south route in two broken sections with the northern section connecting Interstate 65 in Boone County to Interstate 74 in Brownsburg. The southern section connects US 40 in Plainfield and State Road 42 in Mooresville. It passes through the towns of Brownsburg, Plainfield, and Mooresville in the counties of Boone, Hendricks, and Morgan.
The southern terminus of SR 267 is at an intersection with SR 42. SR 267 heads north toward Interstate 70 and ends at U.S. Route 40 in Plainfield. It begins at Interstate 74 in Brownsburg and heads north towards its northern terminus at I-65 in Boone County.
Between 1917 and 1926 SR 267 was an unsigned route. The southern terminus at one point was at State Road 37, following the route of State Road 144. In the 1960s SR 267 was moved to a new route east of the old route, between I-70 and US 40. A large section of State Road 267 was decommissioned by the Indiana Department of Transportation in the winter of 2013 and turned over to local units of government. The areas of the route south of Interstate 74 and Brownsburg and north of the Avon and Plainfield municipal boundary are no longer State Road 267, with the respective portions of the road being turned over to the Town of Avon, the Town of Brownsburg, and Hendricks County.
- A $17.5 million Major Moves reconstruction project began in May 2006 on SR 267 between I-70 and US 40 in Plainfield. It was completed in late summer 2007. 37-year-old concrete was replaced, with added turn lanes and a new dedicated intersection for Metropolis Mall Parkway to enhance traffic flow.
- A $3.2 million Major Moves reconstruction project began in 2008 in Brownsburg north of I-74.
- "INDOT Roadway Referencing System" (PDF).
- Google (2011-01-22). "overview map of SR 2 from Illinois to Valparaiso" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2011-01-22.
- "Major Moves". INDOT. Archived from the original on 2007-12-23. Retrieved 2007-07-06. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Major_Moves" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).