|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2009)|
|Full name||Indianapolis Rugby Football Club|
Midwest Rugby Football Union,
Indiana Rugby Union
|Location||Indianapolis, Indiana, USA|
7201 Crittenden Ave.
The Indianapolis Impalas (Indianapolis Rugby Football Club) are a Division 1 American rugby union team founded in 1980. The team is a member of the USA Rugby Football Union, the Midwest Rugby Football Union, and the Indiana Rugby Union.
The team currently has 40 active players and boasts over 300 alumni members since its founding. They advanced to the Final 16 of the National Championships in 2004. In 2008–09 the Impalas claimed 3rd overall in the National Championships for Division 2; as a result of this success, the club moved up to Division 1. In addition to the move, the club also formed a Division 3 team to debut in the 2009–10 season.
- 2004 DII Men's Club National Championship – 4th Place
- 2007–08 Southern League Division Champions of the Midwest DII Eastern Conference
- 2008–09 Southern League Division Champions of the Midwest DII Eastern Conference
- 2008–09 Midwest DII Eastern Conference Champions
- 2008–09 Midwest DII Co-Champions
- 2009 DII Men's Club National Championship – 3rd Place
- Rugby Union in the United States
- USA Rugby
- Midwest Rugby Football Union
- Sports in Indianapolis