|Founder||John and Sally Mayhill|
Jim and Nancy Cottrell
|First issue||September 1, 1977|
|Company||Hour Media Group LLC|
|Based in||Indianapolis, Indiana|
Indianapolis Monthly is a lifestyle magazine published in Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S. The magazine has some special publications and projects including Indiana Bride, Home, The Ticket, and Indiana Travel Guide.
Founded in 1977, the magazine was called Indianapolis Home and Garden, changing its name in 1980 to Indianapolis at Home. In 1981, Mayhill Publishing took ownership of the magazine, revising its name again to Indianapolis Monthly. Indianapolis-based Emmis Communications purchased the magazine in 1988.
In 2014, Indianapolis Monthly was the recipient of the City and Regional Magazine Association's General Excellence II award.
- "Indianapolis Monthly". citymag.org. City and Regional Magazine Association (CRMA). Retrieved December 2, 2022.
- Lindquist, Dave (December 1, 2022). "Emmis Corp. sells Indianapolis Monthly magazine". Indianapolis Business Journal. IBJ Media. Retrieved December 2, 2022.
- Christy, McKay; Verderame, Jyoti A. (2021) . "Indianapolis Monthly". Digital Encyclopedia of Indianapolis. Indianapolis Public Library. Retrieved December 2, 2022.
- "New Magazine". The Indianapolis News. June 28, 1977. p. 27. Retrieved December 2, 2022 – via Newspapers.com.
Indianapolis Home & Garden Magazine will begin distribution Sept. 1.
- "Indianapolis Monthly Home". Indianapolis Monthly. Retrieved February 12, 2017.