Indianola Municipal Airport
|Indianola Municipal Airport
(former Indianola Auxiliary Field)
|Owner||City of Indianola|
|Elevation AMSL||126 ft / 38 m|
Indianola Municipal Airport (ICAO: KIDL, FAA LID: IDL) is a public use airport in Sunflower County, Mississippi, United States. The airport is owned by the City of Indianola and located two nautical miles (4 km) northwest of the central business district.
This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility. In 2010 the airport received a $88,997 Federal Aviation Administration Airport Improvement Program grant to rehabilitate the airport beacon and to fund the installation of a water system.
The airport was opened during World War II, and was designated as Indianola Auxiliary Field and was used as an auxiliary training airfield supporting the Army pilot training school at Greenville Army Airfield. It was turned over for civil use in January 1947. 
Facilities and aircraft
Indianola Municipal Airport covers an area of 600 acres (243 ha) at an elevation of 126 feet (38 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with a concrete surface measuring 7,004 by 150 feet (2,135 x 46 m).
For the 12-month period ending February 8, 2012, the airport had 21,500 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 58 per day. At that time there were 21 aircraft based at this airport: 86% single-engine and 14% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for IDL ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Poplarville, Hattiesburg among airports receiving grants." WDAM. March 12, 2010. Retrieved on September 23, 2010.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on September 27, 2012. External link in
- "IATA Airport Code Search (IDL)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- "Indianola Municipal Airport (IATA: none, ICAO: KIDL, FAA: IDL)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved August 14, 2013.
- This article incorporates public domain material from the Air Force Historical Research Agency website http://www.afhra.af.mil/.
- Aerial image as of March 1992 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for IDL, effective January 5, 2017
- Resources for this airport: