|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Indians premiered in London in 1968. After 16 previews, the Broadway production, directed by Gene Frankel, opened on October 13, 1969 at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre, where it ran for 96 performances. The cast included Stacy Keach, Manu Tupou, Tom Aldredge, Kevin Conway, Charles Durning, Raul Julia, and Sam Waterston.
In 1976, Robert Altman wrote and directed a screen adaptation called Buffalo Bill and the Indians, or Sitting Bull's History Lesson. The cast included Paul Newman, Joel Grey, Kevin McCarthy, Geraldine Chaplin, Denver Pyle, and Harvey Keitel.
Broadway awards and nominations
- Tony Award for Best Play (nominee)
- Tony Award for Best Actor in a Play (Keach, nominee)
- Tony Award for Best Lighting Design (nominee)
- Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Performance (Keach, winner)
- Internet Broadway Database listing
- Internet Movie Database listing
- On-Stage Review of New York Show by John Lahr for the Village Voice October 16, 1969
|This article on a play is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|