Indictment: The McMartin Trial
|Indictment: The McMartin Trial|
|Written by||Abby Mann
|Directed by||Mick Jackson|
|Theme music composer||Peter Rodgers Melnick|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Editor(s)||Richard A. Harris|
|Running time||135 minutes|
The cast includes James Woods and Mercedes Ruehl, as opposing defense and prosecuting attorneys in the McMartin trial. Henry Thomas, Sada Thompson and Shirley Knight co-star as the defendants in the case, with Lolita Davidovitch as a child-abuse therapist whose findings were crucial to the prosecution's case.
- James Woods as Danny Davis
- Mercedes Ruehl as Lael Rubin
- Lolita Davidovitch as Kee MacFarlane
- Henry Thomas as Ray Buckey
- Sada Thompson as Virginia McMartin
- Shirley Knight as Peggy Buckey
- Mark Blum as Wayne Satz
- Richard Bradford as Ira Reiner
- James Cromwell as Judge Pounders
John J. O'Connor, writing for The New York Times:
|“||This is a portrait of mass hysteria, fueled by panic-stricken parents, overzealous prosecutors, irresponsible talk shows and an out-of-control tabloid press..."Is Indictment balanced? Is it fair to the other side? No. As Mr. [Abby] Mann puts it, "What other side?" Watch it and shudder."||”|
Also writing for The New York Times, Seth Mydans said:
|“||The film makes no pretense at objectivity: There are good guys in the McMartin saga, and there are very, very bad guys..." He adds "Nor does the film try to examine difficult issues. It is a drama not so much about the painful process of assessing children's stories of abuse or about the fear and guilt their parents feel but about the destructiveness of a system run amok.||”|
- O'Connor, John J. (1995-05-19). "The Horrors Behind The McMartin Trial". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- Mydans, Seth (1995-05-14). "A Child-Abuse Case, in the Eyes of the Accused". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-01-11.
- Baringer, S (2004). The metanarrative of suspicion in late twentieth century America. Routledge. p. 71. ISBN 0-415-97076-8.
- Indictment: The McMartin Trial at the Internet Movie Database
- Indictment: The McMartin Trial at AllMovie
- Indictment: The McMartin Trial at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article related to an American TV movie is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|