IndieWeb is a community of people building software to enable personal, independently hosted blogs to independently maintain their social data on their own web domains rather than on large, centralized social networking services. First developed at a series of conferences known as IndieWebCamp by Tantek Çelik, Amber Case, Aaron Parecki, Crystal Beasley and Kevin Marks, it uses a suite of tools including Webmention and microformats in order to decentralize social communication and distribution of content.
- Solid (web decentralization project)
- Distributed social network
- Comparison of software and protocols for distributed social networking
- "Founders". IndieWebCamp. Retrieved 2 April 2015.
- Ben Werdmuller: The IndieWeb as a minimally viable social web ecosystem W3C, 2013
- Klint Finley: Meet the Hackers Who Want to Jailbreak the Internet Wired, 2013
- Dan Gillmor: Welcome to the Indie Web Movement Slate, 2014