Indira Nagar, Lucknow
Indira Nagar Colony
|– Neighbourhood –|
|• Total||400,000(estd. 2,011)|
|• Spoken||Hindi, Urdu, English, Magadhi, Bengali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Planning agency||Awas Vikas|
|Civic agency||Lucknow Municipal Corporation|
Indira Nagar (Hindi: इंदिरा नगर )(Urdu: اندرا نگر) is a residential area in Lucknow in the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It was developed by the U.P. Housing Board (Awas Vikas) and is claimed to be the largest colony in Asia.
Indira Nagar (originally named as Ram Sagar Mishra Nagar) was a colony originally planned to have four blocks. It expanded to encompass 25 blocks. Surrounding villages merged with the colony during the expansion.
Satya Mandir, B-116/2, Indira Nagar, Lucknow is a temple which is known globally around the world, where Lipi Roop Darshan of Almighty Lord is situated on both sides of Lord Krishna. Satya Mandir is the Head Office of Vani Publication, Vani Samiti, Humanity Foundation of India, Satyatirth Pashu Pakshi Sanrakshan Kendra Societies. 'Bhagwan ki Vani' is collection of Divine Message which is published in the form of 400 books. Bhaktvatsal Srikrishna is a Magazine is being published from this place for last 16 years and being sent around the world.
Blocks and markets
Bhootnath (B-Block) is the main market. Other markets are the group of Lekhraj Market Complexes, Amrapali Market, Sahara Shopping Centre, Meena Market (A-Block), Shivaji Market, Nagina Plaza, Hanuman Mandir Market (C-Block), and Munshi Pulia (D-Block). Bank branches, guest houses, banquet halls, hospitals, chemists, restaurants and construction material shops are there. Schools, government offices and utilities are there. It was once the biggest residential settlement planned in India.
Aurobindo, Hari Om Park near bhootnath, Swarn Jayanti parks, developed by Avas Vikas, and Janeshwar Mishra Park are three of the most well-known.
The roads are laid out in a grid. The whole colony is served by auto-rickshaws. Another popular medium are manual rickshaws.
Most of the schools in Indira Nagar are operating within localities. Some of them are:
- NITECH Computer Education and Training Centre (Sector-16)
- Red Hill Kindergarten (A Block)
- Spring Dale College, A-Block
- St. Dominic near Bhootnath Market
- St.John's School
- City Montessori School (A-Block)
- Sherwood Academy (Sector 25)
- St Mary's (D-Block)
- Rani Laxmi Bai Memorial Senior Secondary School (C-block and Sector 14)
- Central Academy Lucknow (Sector 9)
- Delhi Public School (Sector 19)
- D.A.V. Public School (Sector 18)
- Eram Inter College (C-Block)
- New Way School (A-Block)
- Gurukul Academy (B-Block)
- United World School (Sector 15)
- ICCMRT, Lucknow (Sector 21)
- Holy Shrine Inter College, Manash Vihar, Picnic Spot Road
- Dabble College (Sector-15)
- Gurukul Academy, English Medium, Sector-B, ICSE &ISc.Board,New Delhi, Primary-Class-12,Bhoothnath Mkt.
- Spring Dale College,ICSE Board,Sector-A.
- Canossa Convent,Sector-C
|This Lucknow district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|