From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Appendix:List of Proto-Indo-European roots in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Indo-European may also refer to various topics related to that family of languages:
- Indo-European migrations
- Indo-European studies, an academic field involving linguistics, anthropology, history, archaeology etc. dealing with the IE language family
- Proto-Indo-European language (abbr. PIE), the reconstructed common ancestor of all Indo-European languages
- Proto-Indo-Europeans, a hypothetical ancient ethnic group speaking the PIE language
- Proto-Indo-European religion, the hypothetical religion of the Proto-Indo-Europeans
- Proto-Indo-European society, the hypothetical society of the Proto-Indo-Europeans
In a different domain, the phrase Indo-European is also used as a synonym of:
- Indo people, people of Dutch East Indies (proto Indonesian) and European descent traditionally named "Indo-Europeans"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Indo-European.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.