|Founded||1968 (as Lambang Insan Makmur, later Supermi Indonesia)
1970 (as Sanmaru)
1982 (as Sarimi Asli Jaya)
1990 (as Panganjaya Intikusuma)
1994 (as Indofood Sukses Makmur)
2009 (as Indofood CBP Sukses Makmur)
Instant noodles business first founded in 1968, to produce Indomie since 1972. Indofood was founded on 14 August 1990 as Panganjaya Intikusuma till 1993, before changing to its current name in 1994. It is one of the companies owned by the family of Sudono Salim under the Salim Group.
In January 2013 when filing on the Indonesia Stock Exchange, Indofood said it is planning to buy 50% of Brazilian sugar-cane processor Cia Mineira de Acucar e Alcool Participacoes, (CMAA) for $72 million.
Indofood owned products
- Pop Mie
- Maggi goreng (Indonesia, under license from Nestle)
Indofood Asahi products
- Ichi Ocha
- Cafela Latte
In January 2015, Indofood built an instant noodles factory in Morocco and it is to be opened in Q3 2015. It is the sixth plant in Africa after Nigeria, Egypt, Sudan, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is the biggest overseas Indomie factory. The first plant in Africa was built in 2013.
- "Indonesia-Investments.com:Indofood company profile". 1 April 2014.
- "Our History". Indofood. Retrieved 1 February 2010.
- Witular, Rendi A. (26 June 2004). "Salim in driving seat at Indofood". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 1 February 2010.
- "Indofood to buy Brazilian sugar mill". Investvine.com. 2 February 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- Bagus BT Saragih (4 April 2015). "Indofood to open noodle factory in Morocco, sixth in Africa".
- "Indomie Bangun Pabrik Terbesar di Maroko". May 10, 2015.
|This food and/or confectionery corporation or company-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|