|International Cricket Council|
|ICC status||Associate member (2017) |
Affiliate member (2001)
|ICC region||East Asia-Pacific|
|First international||v. South Korea at Perth; 25 February 2002|
|First T20I||v Japan at Sano International Cricket Ground, Sano; 9 October 2022|
|Last T20I||v Singapore at AZ Group Cricket Oval, Phnom Penh; 11 May 2023|
|As of 11 May 2023|
The Indonesia national cricket team is the men's team that represents the country of Indonesia in international cricket. Cricket in Indonesia is governed by Cricket Indonesia (formerly the Indonesia Cricket Foundation). Cricket Indonesia became an affiliate member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001 and an associate member in 2017.
Cricket Indonesia is charged with the promotion and development of cricket in Indonesia, and is a member of the ICC East Asia-Pacific (EAP) development region. In 2006, the organisation announced their intention to join the Asian Cricket Council, and were originally included in the draw for the ACC Trophy, although their membership of the ACC was rejected and they did not take part in the tournament.
The Indonesian national team made its international debut in 2002, at a tournament in Perth, Australia, that also included Japan and South Korea. The team's first ICC event was the 2005 EAP Cup in Vanuatu, where it placed fifth out of six teams. Indonesia has since regularly participated in EAP regional tournaments. At 2014 EAP Championship, the most recent such event, Indonesia placed seventh out of eight teams, in front of only the Cook Islands.
In April 2018, the ICC decided to grant full Twenty20 International (T20I) status to all its members. Therefore, all Twenty20 matches played between Indonesia and other ICC members after 1 January 2019 will be a full T20I. The current Indonesia women's national cricket team is ranked 21st in the world while the Men's are 56th as of April 2023.
Since the Indonesian Cricket Foundation (now Cricket Indonesia) was formed in 2000, Indonesia have played in several regional tournaments in the East Asia-Pacific region. Including the East-Asia Pacific Challenge in 2004, and in the 2005 ICC EAP Cricket Cup.
In August 2017, Indonesia Men's team won a bronze medal in the 20-over tournament in cricket at the 2017 Southeast Asian Games. They also played in the 50-over tournament, but lost all four matches (including to Myanmar, giving that country its first victory in international cricket).
World Cricket League EAP region
- 2005: ICC EAP Cricket Cup 5th
- 2007: ICC EAP Cricket Trophy 6th
- 2009: ICC EAP Cricket Trophy Division Two 5th
- 2011: ICC EAP Cricket Trophy Division Two 6th
- 2018: 2018–19 ICC T20 World Cup East Asia-Pacific Qualifier
International Match Summary — Indonesia
Last updated 11 May 2023
|Twenty20 Internationals||10||5||5||0||0||9 October 2022|
T20I record versus other nations
Records complete to T20I #2065. Last updated 11 May 2023.
|Opponent||M||W||L||T||NR||First match||First win|
|vs Associate Members|
|Japan||5||2||3||0||0||9 October 2022||11 October 2022|
|South Korea||2||2||0||0||0||15 October 2022||15 October 2022|
|Malaysia||1||0||1||0||0||2 May 2023|
|Singapore||1||0||1||0||0||11 May 2023|
|Thailand||1||1||0||0||0||1 May 2023||1 May 2023|
For a list of selected international matches played by Indonesia, see Cricket Archive.
- Indonesia women's national cricket team
- Cricket Indonesia
- List of Indonesia Twenty20 International cricketers
- "Ireland and Afghanistan ICC newest full members amid wide-ranging governance reform". International Cricket Council. 22 June 2017. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "ICC Rankings". International Cricket Council.
- "T20I matches - Team records". ESPNcricinfo.
- "T20I matches - 2023 Team records". ESPNcricinfo.
- "The Home of CricketArchive".
- "ACC Trophy 2006 in Malaysia". Archived from the original on 21 August 2006. Retrieved 7 September 2006.
- "All T20 matches between ICC members to get international status". International Cricket Council. 26 April 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "ICC, Accessed 19 May 2011". Archived from the original on 31 August 2010. Retrieved 28 April 2010.
- "Decision on Asia Cup venue postponed to March 2023". 4 February 2023. Retrieved 14 February 2023.
- ICC, Accessed 19 May 2011 Archived 6 November 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- CricketArchive, Accessed 30 May 2011
- ICC, Accessed 19 May 2011 Archived 8 October 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Records / Indonesia / Twenty20 Internationals / Result summary". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 11 October 2022.